Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

mitboy

Realistic day

mitboy    252
I think there is lacks setting 'realistic day'. If you play with normal settings, during mid-spring \ autumn day longer than the night. Settings on the "long twilight" too long twilight, and setting up a "long night" too long night for a realistic day.

During the summer solstice, the length of the night (without twilight) must be equal to the number of day segments during the winter solstice. And Twilight should't be so long. Maximum  6 hours out of 16 during the winter. At least 2 hours during the summer.

orian34    534

If you want so much realistic things, turn off your computer and get outside.....no offense!

mitboy    252

If you want so much realistic things, turn off your computer and get outside.....no offense!

It's no so much realictic ._.

orian34    534

yeah, right...just told you that don't starve are the reality and you will don't find things are unrealistics

XirmiX    754

yeah, right...just told you that don't starve are the reality and you will don't find things are unrealistics

He wants realistic mechanics, not the graphics ;)

orian34    534

He wants realistic mechanics, not the graphics ;)

yes, but i was speaking about making don't starve the reality, so if water fly, it's don't starve so don't worry...(example)

code4240    20

I just think it's weird that the Dark period of night is longer in summer than autumn, even though dusk is shorter and the day is longer.

mitboy    252

in summer night is shorter but because there is no dusk...so they do the same

In summer night = 4-5 hours. in autumn\spring = 3-4

mitboy    252

but there is no dusk...so it's shorter...

And? In real world summer' dusk AND night shorter than in autumn and spring

code4240    20

but there is no dusk...so it's shorter...

The fact that summer night is overall shorter than autumn is all well and good, and I understand that. The fact that the pitch black period (the part that's actually dangerous) is somehow longer than dusk during summer is the weird part. In summer the night is basically all Dark with a little sliver of dusk at the very beginning, while in autumn dusk is extremely long with a little sliver of Dark at the end. It just doesn't make sense.