Scarecrow

_Q_

There was some scarecrow anim in game folders some time ago, anyone knows what happened with that file, or maybe have that file, I would like to use it for something but can't find it in game folders.

There was some scarecrow anim in game folders some time ago, anyone knows what happened with that file, or maybe have that file, I would like to use it for something but can't find it in game folders.

Yup, Up and Away uses it, you could grab it from our repo. The original would give you trouble anyway, provided you could find it. When I added it to U&A I had to deconvert it with the very old Textool and reconvert it for it to show up properly.

Yup, Up and Away uses it, you could grab it from our repo. The original would give you trouble anyway, provided you could find it. When I added it to U&A I had to deconvert it with the very old Textool and reconvert it for it to show up properly.

I got it, but whats up with anim file, I can't see any anim states in it like idle and so on?

Did you grab the zip of it?

Anyways, the anim state that I am aware of is "anim". There may be others.

I can always put the texture in the spriter and correct it. Thanks.

I got it, but whats up with anim file, I can't see any anim states in it like idle and so on?

By "can't see" do you mean when you opened it with a hex editor there was no list of animations at the end of anim.bin? If so, that's because it uses an older animation encoding version, where the animation names are not stored in anim.bin (only their hashes are).

By "can't see" do you mean when you opened it with a hex editor there was no list of animations at the end of anim.bin? If so, that's because it uses an older animation encoding version, where the animation names are not stored in anim.bin (only their hashes are).

So that anim file is still usable or I just need to make new one?

Where would I find the old version of textool? Cause I was looking at beta tex files before, but they were crashing absolutely everything I tried to put them through.

Where would I find the old version of textool? Cause I was looking at beta tex files before, but they were crashing absolutely everything I tried to put them through.

What debugman said.

Though I could implement support for pre-caves textures in ktech. I haven't yet because that's very rarely relevant, but since the format change is quite small and this "rarely relevant" scenario tends to always pop up again I might as well do it. I'm sure you would be able to write a converter yourself as well, since it amounts to simply shifting some bits in the first 4 bytes of the TEX file (technically, TEX files can be both in little and big endian, and detecting that when you have to account for more than one binary structure is a bit tricky, though as far as I know DS's textures are always in little endian, even if I implemented support for both cases in ktech).

EDIT: Sorry, the the header isn't at the first 4 bytes, that's the magic number. It's right after that, in bytes 5-8 (counting from 1).

EDIT 2: @debugman18 and @DeathDisciple, I implemented precaves texture support in ktech (and pushed it to github, but I haven't uploaded it to the forums yet). Though the old textool also does the trick, of course.

What debugman said.

Though I could implement support for pre-caves textures in ktech. I haven't yet because that's very rarely relevant, but since the format change is quite small and this "rarely relevant" scenario tends to always pop up again I might as well do it. I'm sure you would be able to write a converter yourself as well, since it amounts to simply shifting some bits in the first 4 bytes of the TEX file (technically, TEX files can be both in little and big endian, and detecting that when you have to account for more than one binary structure is a bit tricky, though as far as I know DS's textures are always in little endian, even if I implemented support for both cases in ktech).

EDIT: Sorry, the the header isn't at the first 4 bytes, that's the magic number. It's right after that, in bytes 5-8 (counting from 1).

EDIT 2: @debugman18 and @DeathDisciple, I implemented precaves texture support in ktech (and pushed it to github, but I haven't uploaded it to the forums yet). Though the old textool also does the trick, of course.

Actually for some weird reason old textool wouldn't do it either - I guess I went too far into the past even for that. But new ktech build chew through the files perfectly fine, so I won't bother figuring out why. Thanks :)

Actually for some weird reason old textool wouldn't do it either - I guess I went too far into the past even for that. But new ktech build chew through the files perfectly fine, so I won't bother figuring out why. Thanks :-)

Glad to be of use (:.

Though there was a bug in my previous commit: all textures were erroneously being flagged as precaves, so conversion of current textures had been broken. I just pushed a fix for that.

Archived