Beefalo horn useless for relocating befalo?

This has to do with how the herd management works.

You see, in beefalo herds, one or two are considered to be the "leader". Follower beefalos will always try to stay close to those leaders. It usually isn't terribly hard to see the entireity of a herd. You'll simply have to take the entire herd with you.

You have to be a good distance away from the original location. You can split up a huge herd into two and also you can combine them. So you have to take them far enough away from their original home, meaning the place were you found them, and once the effects of the horn have worn off they should stay. If not then they have not yet formed a new heard, personally I built a pen for them and keep several close to my camp.  I did however experience a problem with them not behaving normally, for no reason beefalo that I had for over 100+ days just decided they wanted to go back "home" but I just quit out the game and then went back in and they were fine. Also you can tell how many beefalo herds you have in your group when they go into heat. One single herd always go into heat at the same time, but if you are housing multiple different herds they will go into heat at different increments so it is a good idea to pay attention to that as well. 

The strange thing is that I took a herd thru a wormhole to the farthest part of the map. The herd was at one side of the map and I took them to the other side. It was a lot of work (and a lot of horns) but as soon as the effect worn off they start going back home.

Lol you took them through a wormhole? Hmmm I never tried that, maybe try it again without doing that just walk with them. I didn't have to take my beefalo far when I relocated them, maybe about a half days walk(without a walking stick)

Archived