don't starve multiplayer questions

Don't Starve has been a popular game for sometime and Klei has recently said they are adding a multiplayer expansion pack.  Some people were stunned or were excited (I was excited) about this new addition to Don't Starve, BUT I have some questions to ask about the multiplayer and some tips KIei whould add.  Also please excuse me of my grammar if I make mistakes or don't know how to spell. There will be this sign ^$^$^ if I don't know how to spell it.

Questions:

1. Will there be different multiplayer game modes

Now I'm thinking that a lot of other games have different game modes such as Hunger Games, Trouble in Terrorist Town, or Creative Build (get unlimited everything to build).  There are a lot of game modes people can think of so that may be a hard subject.

2. Will you make a Don't Starve Bundle

Will you make a deal for Don't Starve with Reign of the Giants and Multiplayer expansion pack?

3. Make a Don't Starve server

Can we make servers or will we have to just create a game and invite? And you also said that random people can play with each other will there be matchmaking?

4. Multiple Chester's

Can there be more then one Chester in the game or will it be unique to one person only.

5. Chest Locks

In multiplayer we all can have our own stuff but if we play with someone else (who is not our friend such as strangers) can we lock chests or can everyone access it?

6. Since it is multiplayer will there be unlimited respawns

In Don't Starve single player when you die you must start a new game (unless you find a touch stone or make a meat effage ^$^$^) but in multiplayer will there be unlimited respawns

Tips:

1. In Chat talking

If there is random people matchmaking will we be able to talk to them in game chat via headset or typing?

This is all I have for right now so I Hope you guys like the questions and ideas and you can post your own in the comments

1. We don't know yet its too early to tell
  2. Multiplayer as of now is planning to be added onto the vanilla client, so if you purchase normal Don't starve it's part of it already. And there is already a bundle where you can buy RoG and vanilla don't starve at least on Steam.
  3. It's implied that there will be a sever list? Again its too early to tell exactly how its going to work
  4. Again, not sure about this.
  5. Don't know yet
  6. Don't know yet

And for the last one there will probably be a chat system of some sort, but AGAIN I dont think anyone knows exactly how it will work.

1. It's implied that there will be a sever list? Again its too early to tell exactly how its going to work

Is it implied though? It seems like this game would be suited more to the way Castle Crashers handles their online multiplayer.

Is it implied though? It seems like this game would be suited more to the way Castle Crashers handles their online multiplayer.

Usually PC based games have server lists, especially ones done through Steam. I have no idea how Castle Crashers works since I've never played it but I think a lot of people will be pushing for a server list.

Archived