Burchnut treeguard

Please, make option for them like "very rare (8% after 70 days)" and maybe very very rare (4% chance to spawn). Really, it's not fair, even with 16%! Normal tree guard have only 3% chance! 

It's too annoying to chop burchnut forest for... hmm... wood. And too easy for living logs.

I disagree entirely, I wish they'd go back to the old spawn rate in which it was practically a certainty you'd get some angry birchguards up in your grills by felling just a few birchnut trees and I wish they'd get rid of the second birchnut you get when chopping down the trees in autumn.

Why?

Because I really liked the idea of having to choose whether or not to replant the tree or eat the birchnut, and I found it very fair that you'd have to fight an annoying enemy to get more birchnuts to make up for all and any birchnuts you might've consumed.

I also like how beautiful those biomes are and how treacherous they were because of the birchguards. It was a nice contrast.

Because I really liked the idea of having to choose whether or not to replant the tree or eat the birchnut, and I found it very fair that you'd have to fight an annoying enemy to get more birchnuts to make up for all and any birchnuts you might've consumed.

It is very annoying and totally not fair to evergreens. They occupy about the same amount of space on the map. But you can

t chop them for the damnwood! I was greatly annoyed. I don't care about ways to get more nuts, I want to chop them for freaking WOOD!

just burn them all down and plant evergreens... thats what i do when i set up in the birch biome.

That's it. They probablly was created not for burning and OP ways to get livinglogs. And bit OP ways to heal

no idea what you just tried to say, but if they are annoying you it will be much easier and quicker to remove them with fire than it will be to get klei to nerf them. You dont have to burn the whole forest, just enough of a clearing to plant an evergreen forest of your own.,

and mitboy, they are the guardians of the forest....that means they are like the treeguards;...just plant some birchnuts and they will turn in normal trees...(it is not a problem if you just want the wood :p)

and mitboy, they are the guardians of the forest....that means they are like the treeguards;...just plant some birchnuts and they will turn in normal trees...(it is not a problem if you just want the wood :razz:)

Yes, but they have much bigger chance to spawn and there can be several. It already not fair. 

Yes, but they have much bigger chance to spawn and there can be several. It already not fair. 

But you just have to pick the birchn you have cut and no problem...(if you're quick enough....mistakes are common..)

I mean, it's not fair. When i build my bade in burchnut forest, in any case i should plant evergreens. And chop only them.

Really? It's a good place to make base.

Fight every day? No.

Well if it's such a great place to make a base, then why does this thread even exist? Because, apparently, it's not a great place for a base because the trees are quick to anger.

It's like making a base in the caves, the swamp, or even a savannah with beefalo -- some forethought is required if you really want to live there.

It is very annoying and totally not fair to evergreens. They occupy about the same amount of space on the map. But you can

t chop them for the damnwood! I was greatly annoyed. I don't care about ways to get more nuts, I want to chop them for freaking WOOD!

That's like saying tumbleweeds make it unfair for grass tufts and saplings because tumbleweeds get you 3 pieces of loot guaranteed and there's a small chance to find something extraordinary in any given piece of loot spawn from them.

It's not unfair, it's different. In fact, birchguards are more than fair because they're a stationary mob. Worried about them spawning? Chop trees away from your base within the birchnut forest and should a birchguard spawn, move to another location. They can't chase you down. And as long as you're not chopping down trees in the immediate vicinity of your base, birchguards will not spawn there.

The only time birchguards have been a problem was when I first made a base within a birchnut forest and was wholly ignorant that their spawnrate was so high. I died, and learned.

Not a single issue with them since, even if I'm camped out in a birchnut forest, even if I'm harvesting them primarily for wood.

They require only the slightest bit greater of forethought. That's all.

That's it. They probablly was created not for burning and OP ways to get livinglogs. And bit OP ways to heal

"OP ways to heal"...? Yeah, at the cost of deforesting the biome or fighting multiple birchguards. Hardly OP.

"OP ways to get living logs"...? As if. Birchguards are a tricky enemy to take out, especially when they've spawned really close together. You only get one living log for the kill and a second one if you shovel it up, but that means you actually had to defeat the birchguard while it's still a birchguard. OP? Hardly.

If you want to build your base within the birchnut forest without anything treacherous residing in it, turn birchguards off. Solves all your problems.

"OP ways to heal"...? Yeah, at the cost of deforesting the biome or fighting multiple birchguards. Hardly OP.

"OP ways to get living logs"...? As if. Birchguards are a tricky enemy to take out, especially when they've spawned really close together. You only get one living log for the kill and a second one if you shovel it up, but that means you actually had to defeat the birchguard while it's still a birchguard. OP? Hardly.

If you want to build your base within the birchnut forest without anything treacherous residing in it, turn birchguards off. Solves all your problems.

Birchnut spoil 20 days, trail mix 15. They are easy to keep in reserve. 

I set in files chance to spawn - 8%. I calm about 98% birchnut treeguards. And i still have really much livinglogs. And i also rediced amount of living logs, what they drop. Still too much.

I feel bad if turn off something that I can't get normally. I am pleased to disable berry bushes - find them in the caves! Turn off the carrot - to grow on farm! Even disable grass and saplings - we have skeletons and tumbleweed (and caves). But there is no no way to get these guys.

I think you forgot what I said. Not reduce the chance of their spawn. Add setting with less chance of spawn.

Birchnut spoil 20 days, trail mix 15. They are easy to keep in reserve.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why is to give you more than enough chance to figure out what you want to do with the birchnut because not only may you want to plant it elsewhere, but I could've sworn that birchnut saplings could rot on you if you waited too long to plant them so that, in essence, even if you planted a birchnut sapling, the timer is still ticking down until it actually becomes a full-fledged tree.

Besides, the cooked variant only has 6 days. I suppose maybe the fix would be to not allow birchnuts into an icebox unless cooked if you really believe it's all that overpowered, which I really don't think it is. Yeah trail mix is great for health... that's about it really though.

I set in files chance to spawn - 8%. I calm about 98% birchnut treeguards. And i still have really much livinglogs. And i also rediced amount of living logs, what they drop. Still too much.

I completely believe you when you say you have more living logs now than you would have otherwise if you set up base elsewhere because you personally chose to make a base in a thicket of birchnut trees. I don't agree with you that it's overpowered because you had to personally kill each of those birchguards with an axe to receive those living logs. It's not like a birchguard drops 6 living logs on death like your standard treeguard, it drops 1. You get a 2nd living log if you shovel the stump afterward.

So, since you've reduced the number of living logs a birchguard can drop from a potential of 2, that must mean you're either only getting 1 living log per birchguard or 0.

1 living log per birchguard is really too much? Even on the Less setting?  You had to kill that mob with an axe, and you already know how tricky that can be especially when the birchguards are in clumps together, and you think 1 living log per birchguard is too much?

Something doesn't quite add up.

I feel bad if turn off something that I can't get normally.

Nothing a birchguard drops is unique. Living logs, twigs, birchnuts, and logs can all be gained through other methods.

I am pleased to disable berry bushes - find them in the caves!

1. Well the caves are entirely optional. You don't have to go in them if you find them to be overpowered.

2. There are no sliders for the caves beyond whether or not you want caves at all in your world.

3. Even so, it's not like the caves are covered in berry bushes. Far from it.

Turn off the carrot - to grow on farm!

I thought it was fairly obvious that slider was referring to the freebees littering the ground, but maybe that's just me.

Even disable grass and saplings - we have skeletons and tumbleweed (and caves). But there is no no way to get these guys.

1. You can disable skeletons and tumbleweeds just as readily too.

2. Caves, again, are entirely optional. If you find them to be that gamebreaking, you can always turn the caves completely off or not use the resources you find to be overpowered within them.

3. Does it matter? You're saying that, "Oh, well I can still get my cut grass and twigs if I disable grass tufts and saplings with my tumbleweeds!" so why can't you still get your birchnuts, living logs, twigs, and regular logs with birchguards turned off? You say you don't like aspects of the game turned off, yet you seem to have no qualms about turning off berry bushes and in-ground carrots, so apparently you actually do enjoy some aspects of the game turned off.

You're all over the place.

I think you forgot what I said. Not reduce the chance of their spawn. Add setting with less chance of spawn.

No no, I get it. You want more settings in the sliders to reduce birchguard spawn for your own personal game even lower, but then you got into just how overpowered and broken you thought birchguards are and I disagree with those sentiments.

I mean: you right. I probably should birn them, but it not a thihg for what they were created. And it's sad.

i see, please excuse me if i came across rude i thought you were being sarcastic.. it's hard to tell sometimes on the internet.

Are you aware that birchguards only spawn from fully grown birch trees, so you can happily chop down the smaller ones without risk (if you need the wood more than the charcoal)?

Besides, the cooked variant only has 6 days.

Yeh, just cook spoil birchnut and put then in crock pot.

So, since you've reduced the number of living logs a birchguard can drop from a potential of 2, that must mean you're either only getting 1 living log per birchguard or 0.

1 living log per birchguard is really too much? Even on the Less setting?  You had to kill that mob with an axe, and you already know how tricky that can be especially when the birchguards are in clumps together, and you think 1 living log per birchguard is too much?

They drop 1.2 living logs. I make only one. With stump = 2 logs. Even on Less settings. Even "very rare (8%)" setting. You can fight with them every day, prepare to fight. And they not veeery hard. You can calm nearby birchnuts treeguards and fight only with one. Everyday.  

Nothing a birchguard drops is unique. Living logs, twigs, birchnuts, and logs can all be gained through other methods.

He is unique.

Other things: You probably shouldn't answer to this. It was just example.

Are you aware that birchguards only spawn from fully grown birch trees, so you can happily chop down the smaller ones without risk (if you need the wood more than the charcoal)?

Ammmm... no? I always chop bigger to get more logs and birchnut to calm treeguards... bit strange logic... they don't protect childrens but protect grown trees O_o

Probably still bit OP with livinglogs... but you give me a hope :joyous: !

Archived