Is the Dev community going to be split?

I heard somewhere that Klei's idea was to have Klei split into two teams - One for singleplayer with all the original devs, and one for multiplayer with the new guys that thought up multiplayer. But I can't find anywhere where this is said in the OP from JoeW. Can Klei confirm this?

Also, if Klei isn't doing it, they really should do it. This would get rid of all the problems with Singleplayer being neglected (Which really is a big issue)

I heard somewhere that Klei's idea was to have Klei split into two teams - One for singleplayer with all the original devs, and one for multiplayer with the new guys that thought up multiplayer. But I can't find anywhere where this is said in the OP from JoeW. Can Klei confirm this?

Also, if Klei isn't doing it, they really should do it. This would get rid of all the problems with Singleplayer being neglected (Which really is a big issue)

This sounds like a weird idea. Klei already has other games to work on, splitting into different groups doesn't sound right.

They really shouldn't do this, because you would then have two teams that are working on the same game but have different visions. While SP and MP are different, you shouldn't leave people with low quality internet out of content. The inclusive option will allow every player to enjoy the same content in which ever mode they choose. 

And Klei didn't sound sure enough of its MP features to make me think this information is inherently correct.

Why couldn't all the devs work together on 2 projects that they're combining forces with: SP and MP? Wouldn't it help for the senior devs to be collaborating with newer devs to keep the vision intact? I feel like them splitting into two different teams would corrupt the integrity of both, and actually hinder the newer folks there with keeping true to the original vision while striving forward with this new project.

Archived