Mkay, firstly I'd like to say that I loved the game but then....

I LOVED IT EVEN MORE. At first I was both confused and terrified and angry and happy all at once, eventually I chose happy. But then a few questions on already existing game mechanics popped in my head and I needed the knowledge, Anyway...

1. How will death work? I mean, would the player be able to go back on the world? Because I would hate to be in a forest that my willow companion needed to make charcoal then not be able to use that [insert magic item here] I made! 

2. Would there interaction between characters, like conversations, E.T.C?

3. How would sanity work around other players? 

4. Special items? This is the only real bone to pick I have with multiplayer, I mean, what if Willow gave her lighter to Woodie for Lucy? Although I think that it would be awesome if craft able specials (Wickerbottom books, battle spear and helm etc.) could be given to other players making Wigfrid essentially the smith and Wickerbottom an actual librarian.

5. How would touchstones and meat effigies work? 

Thanks a bunch 

~Rasukkii

B.T.W   :nomultipl:  needs to be nerfed :D

Mkay, firstly I'd like to say that I loved the game but then....

I LOVED IT EVEN MORE. At first I was both confused and terrified and angry and happy all at once, eventually I chose happy. But then a few questions on already existing game mechanics popped in my head and I needed the knowledge, Anyway...

1. How will death work? I mean, would the player be able to go back on the world? Because I would hate to be in a forest that my willow companion needed to make charcoal then not be able to use that [insert magic item here] I made! 

2. Would there interaction between characters, like conversations, E.T.C?

3. How would sanity work around other players? 

4. Special items? This is the only real bone to pick I have with multiplayer, I mean, what if Willow gave her lighter to Woodie for Lucy? Although I think that it would be awesome if craft able specials (Wickerbottom books, battle spear and helm etc.) could be given to other players making Wigfrid essentially the smith and Wickerbottom an actual librarian.

5. How would touchstones and meat effigies work? 

Thanks a bunch 

~Rasukkii

B.T.W   :nomultipl:  needs to be nerfed :grin:

If I was making it, it would be the following:

1-  Same rules apply. Don´t Starve is a perma-death at its core, if it doesn´t have that punishment, then it falls apart. You die you stay dead.

2- I hope conversations between characters will be similar to how characters talk about objects, animals, etc in single-player. You would type and the text would appear above their heads. More realistic that way; you need to be close to a player (on the same screen) to talk to them. Unlike Minecraft, where you can literally be in another dimension and still be having a conversation with someone. 

3- Maybe, being with other players would increase sanity, maybe. But I would definitely make Maxwell, Webber and Woody (in his beaver state) reduce other player´s sanity when they are close by. 

4- I think you should be able to share weapons. It be cool to see how Lucy would react when being held by someone else. Quotes like: "Who are you?" "Put me down!" 

5- The first person to activate it or craft it, uses it. 

Agreed, needs to be nerfed.

Archived