Need some help with getting Spriter anim files in game

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at Spriter recently and have run into a rather vexing  problem. I was attempting to replicate Cherrio's Spriter tutorial (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/367-spriter-example-equippable-item/) with a scratch built prefab. However the prefab won't show up in game.

The .anim file built, the prefab was defined, the asset was included in the prefab file and the build and anim name in the prefab all seem to be present and correct. I've attached the modified tutorial mod to this post if someone could have a look at it for me.

What am I doing wrong? I hope it isn't something obvious :p

Bump. Does anyone have some experience with Spriter?

Your animation checks out fine. Is the prefab itself being recognized in-game?

You may want to try doing inst.Transform:SetScale(3,3,3), because the scml compiler shrinks animations.

The issue is you're using Spriter version b8, and the "official" mod tools only support version b5. To be more precise, the mod tools are looking for geometrical information (pivot, scale and rotation) in the object_ref inside the <key> within the <mainline> (I'm talking about the actual text contents of the scml file), and newer versions of Spriter don't put it there (in fact, even version b5 only puts it there as a "compatibility mode").

You can either redo the animation in Spriter version b5 or use my fork of the mod tools, which does support version b8 (as well as b5).

The issue is you're using Spriter version b8, and the "official" mod tools only support version b5. To be more precise, the mod tools are looking for geometrical information (pivot, scale and rotation) in the object_ref inside the <key> within the <mainline> (I'm talking about the actual text contents of the scml file), and newer versions of Spriter don't put it there (in fact, even version b5 only puts it there as a "compatibility mode").

You can either redo the animation in Spriter version b5 or use my fork of the mod tools, which does support version b8 (as well as b5).

He's using b8? I didn't even catch that. I loaded it up in Spriter on my mac and there weren't any issues. I thought to read the scml, but didn't. >_>

I loaded it up in Spriter on my mac and there weren't any issues.

in fact, even version b5 only puts it there as a "compatibility mode"

:razz:

The save format hasn't changed significantly from b5. The big issue is that Cheerio's scml compiler reads data in a way which was already deprecated even in version b5 (being later altogether removed).

The issue is you're using Spriter version b8, and the "official" mod tools only support version b5. 

Welp, that was exactly my problem :p It's working fine now. Thank you for pointing that out! It was driving me crazy.

Wow. That randomly solved so many problems and could have saved me tons of time :D Dont know whether to cheer or to go postal

Wow. That randomly solved so many problems and could have saved me tons of time :grin: Dont know whether to cheer or to go postal

You should feel free to use version b8, we'll convert it to the game's format ;P.

Archived