Game progression: Enemies getting harder, boss fights, etc.

While playing "Don't Starve" I have been noticing that after day 30 or so the game becomes pointless. Yes they obviously aren't even close to finishing it but I thought I'd put in my input in about what could happen as days pass, and you get bored, and nothing is challenging.

In my opinion, rare events should happen slightly more often and other rare events should open up every 15 or so days. Also enemies could wear armor as the days progress and careless mistakes could cost you a lot.

There could also be "Boss-Type" fights at certain spots on certain days.

For example:

Every 5 days from days 5-20 you can access boss X at location X

Every 5 days from days 25-40 you can access boss Y at location Y (Both giving you an OPTIONAL boss fight, with reward of course)

Npc's?: Yeah there are the pigs but I mean real, people Npc's, or something similar, I mean it does seem odd that you are the only one in the world for a second then you find a civilization, it would kind of ruin the point of the game. But could there be some way to implement something similar? Maybe. But these Npc's should: Sell you things or have some sort of trading system. Give you tasks to complete. Be for sale as a guard or a companion. There are also many other things they could do if that wasn't the direction you wanted.

Nights becoming different as time passes: Full moons bring harder enemies, Colored moons can bring certain types of enemies.

Example:

Blue moon: Ice enemies

Red moon: Fire enimies

Story progression: Obviously the story isn't even close to done, but when it is instead of just laying it all on you:

Start: 70% of the story

Middle: 5% of the story

End: 25% of the story

^Don't do that^

You could base it off of days and player progression, releasing parts of the story as the game progresses. And hopefully finding out who Maxwell is. 0.o

That is really all I have for now, but I'd love to hear others' suggestions on what should happen as time passes.