Winter Trap

Geat idea for a trap. How long does it last and how does it effect the next seasons? will it skip the current season entirely or return to the season you were in once its timed out?

its not permanent is it?

Usually it just forces winter on you, should be a normal 15 day winter unless you messed with some of the settings. Hope your somewhat prepared for it!

thank you for the information!

sounds great! 15 days of wonderful cool snow rather than the burning heat i was in on day 21. btw will it still be summer when winter ends or will it be spring first?

thank you for the information!

sounds great! 15 days of wonderful cool snow rather than the burning heat i was in on day 21. btw will it still be summer when winter ends or will it be spring first?

Spring

thank you for the help fellas it ended and its spring now.

preperations for a hot summer are in place a frig half full of ice and 2 ice flingomatics and even the freezing fire pit each surounded by my boxes, farms, and drying racks... that trap was a MAJOR windfall!

Ok, so I found one of these and held off opening until the first day of winter (day 21) and it went cold for the rest of that day and jumped ahead to summer on day 22...This is ROG, so it actually fast-forwarded through winter in a day, skipped spring and dropped me in Summer.

Obviously I was ill prepared for Summer and didn't even survive the run back to my base before overheating.

Anyone ever seen the winter trap do that?

Since it's already raised from the dead...

The trap only works the next day after you open the chest, not the icebox. Consider it a free icebox (and Thermometer) to be used anytime or Hammered/Staffed for the resources

Whatever season you are on (now we have RoG,) it becomes Winter the day after the chest is opened and lasts your (including any customization settings) world cycle's  typical Winter cycle, followed by Spring. That next day is Day One of Winter, so plan your future calendars accordingly. Other timer countdown items still count down/up accordingly. 

Since this causes the change to happen the next day, some people might state if opened on the first day of Winter it is  "a day off." Those who want consistency want to open it the day before winter. 

I started a new game to try out the William Carter mod. First day I found the and sprung the winter trap. It immediately starting snowing so I'm not so sure about the next day start. Maybe sometimes it does but everytime I've sprung it, it's been immediately.

Archived