An actual glow berry

So, depth worms, the glow berry they use as bait is useless once someone has attempted to pick it up once, after that it only works as an way to know where the worms are. There should be an actually glow berry on some parts of the cave which we  could pick up, and get a glow berry as the Worm's one, this way we'd fall on the worms trap more often, and would be another way to get the glow berries(which i hope will have more uses if this idea gets implemented).

I don't know, I remember seeing some hidden Depth Worms trying to lure me into grabbing the glow berry (which I never did). I guess it's something that could really only work the first time someone actually sees it (if he never saw a Depth Worm before), because who will fall into this trap twice ? I however thought it was an original and really cool concept.

I am afraid to see glow berries somewhere else in the caves for fear that they become too easy to collect, especially if they are eventually used to refuel moggles. However, it would make Depth Worm baits more effective, as you would never know if this glow berry you just picked was the last you would ever pick... So, mixed feelings about this suggestion! =)

I am afraid to see glow berries somewhere else in the caves for fear that they become too easy to collect, especially if they are eventually used to refuel moggles. However, it would make Depth Worm baits more effective, as you would never know if this glow berry you just picked was the last you would ever pick... So, mixed feelings about this suggestion! =)

Give the "real" glow berries different properties. Make them only provide light when connected to the rest of the plant. Make them unable to be used for Moggles. Give them some other quality that makes people want to risk collecting them.

Depths worms need to be rebalanced. They are the only reason I don't go and make a cave base.

I honestly don't think they need to be rebalanced. I suggest you to actually go down and make a cave base =) Try to get some Rocklobster friends near you base. Soon enough, when they populate the entire cave level (or at least the area near your base), you won't even need to fight a Depth Worm ever again. They won't even aggro on you but on Rocklobsters and they will get murdered. If they get nerfed anywhere beyond where they are right now, they won't even be worth existing! I'm not even kidding.

Edit: Just to remain on topic, after giving it some thoughts, I think it could be interesting to have some actual glow berries. In order to keep things balanced if they can eventually refuel moggles, perhaps there should be a couple of them dispersed in the cave with ambushed Depth Worms, not like a whole field of 10 glow berries. The time needed for them to grow back would also need to be balanced. I'm just thinking out loud here, but it would also be nice to see a new cave setpiece with a lot of glow berries and a lot of ambushed Depth Worms to defend it (if Klei one day decides to work on the caves)!

Edit: Just to remain on topic, after giving it some thoughts, I think it could be interesting to have some actual glow berries. In order to keep things balanced if they can eventually refuel moggles, perhaps there should be a couple of them dispersed in the cave with ambushed Depth Worms, not not like a whole field of 10 glow berries. The time needed for them to grow back would also need to be balanced. I'm just thinking out loud here, but it would also be nice to see a new cave setpiece with a lot of glow berries and a lot of ambushed Depth Worms to defend it (if Klei one day decides to work on the caves)!

I never thought about too many of them actually, what I was thinking is that they'd not grow back(keeping an eye to the actual ones would be an easy way to exploit them) but they'd spawn back in certain places(maybe close to a Worm?) so to keep the mistery they have and (if possible) the number of Glow Berries that spawn would be equivalent to the number you collect.

Archived