Things that would be awesome to add in the DLC

So, I have a couple of ideas which to me are great, what do guys think?

King of Giants

I've heard a lot of players saying that the giants are pretty easy to kill so how about another giant?

One who's stronger that the rest. 

-Spawns after you've killed all of the giants (maybe after you've killed each of them twice).

-Drops: 10 meat and an item which has the ability to summon a random giant (one use only)(Drop Rate:10%)

Yeti

A creature that spawns during winter. 

Is found by tracking down footprints, which means the tracks has now three possible creatures at the end of it; Winter Koelefant, Varg and the Yeti.

Cocoa

Chocolate is awesome, nuff said.

Wheat and Flour

I've seen a scrapped idea about wheat, why not implement it? We could refine it to create flour. Then we could use the flour to create crock pot recipes and maybe a flour bomb?

Chess Event

Once a year, a chess event is held and you get dragged into the chess biome where you will battle Maxwell in a game of chess, if you lose you die or you lose all your items (including the things in your camp, everything, from your science machine down to your chests. If you win... well..an awesome item?

Disease or Plague Event

Suggested/mentioned by Snob in this forum: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35234-unimplemented-ideas-that-would-be-awesome-if-added-to-the-dlc/#entry458482

A Plague or disease would come to the world once a year and would affect all of the creatures. Eating an infected creature = damage to life points + you get infected. Once you get infected you lose life points at a certain rate.

Event: All Out Creature War

All of the Creatures would basically fight: Bunnymen, Rock Lobsters, Pigs, Merms

Leader of the tribe

Merms = Merm king/ queen

Bunnymen = Bunny Overlord

Rock Lobsters = Rock God? Giant?

Two more biomes please?

Beach and Swamp biome

More vegetation and creatures please? :D

I guess that's it... for now... o.o I hope the devs sees this and maybe...maybe...hear some of them out

King of Giants

I've heard a lot of players saying that the giants are pretty easy to kill so how about another giant?

-Spawns after you've killed all of the giants (maybe after you've killed each of them twice).

-Drops: 10 meat and an item which has the ability to summon a random giant (one use only)(Drop Rate:10%)

I don't really think the King of Giants would be rewarding to kill at all.

All you are getting from it is +2 meat than you get from a Koalephant or any other giant and a rare chance to get an item that summons a random giant for you, i don't really see WHY you would want to summon a giant anyway, why not some sort of really strong/ unique items? (feeling too braindead to come up with ideas for unique items)

I don't really think the King of Giants would be rewarding to kill at all.

All you are getting from it is +2 meat than you get from a Koalephant or any other giant and a rare chance to get an item that summons a random giant for you, i don't really see WHY you would want to summon a giant anyway, why not some sort of really strong/ unique items? (feeling too braindead to come up with ideas for unique items)

maybe more meat then, is 15 too much? XD and it's the same on my part, I can't think of a better item that's not OP,XD but anyways, I think we need more giants...

King of Giants

would be good, but for now, instead of adding downsides to beating giant bosses that are too easy, there should be more effort on making them killing them harder(or killing the player easily. c'mon, tell me being able to kill a giant Bear-Badger thing with claws bigger than you using a piece of ham, a football helmet and a log suit isn't overpowered). Also, the drops should be something more powerfull and usefull(kinda like the down feather), not just summoning another underpowered giant for you to beat effortlessly

Yeti

A creature that spawns during winter. 

Is found by tracking down footprints, which means the tracks has now three possible creatures at the end of it; Winter Koelefant, Varg and the Yeti.

sounds really good, just sounds a bit too normal compared to the other stuff in DS, but if it was somewhat different(and as threatning as the Varg), it could make people be more carefull when tracking animals(or dying more, which also good)

Cocoa

Chocolate is awesome, nuff said.

Wheat and Flour

I've seen a scrapped idea about wheat, why not implement it? We could refine it to create flour. Then we could use the flour to create crock pot recipes and maybe a flour bomb?

don't you think starving is hard enough right now, with all the food you've got just filling the place?

Chess Event

Once a year, a chess event is held and you get dragged into the chess biome where you will battle Maxwell in a game of chess, if you lose you die or you lose all your items (including the things in your camp, everything, from your science machine down to your chests. If you win... well..an awesome item?

I don't even know what to say... First it sounds too out of place and completely desnecessary, second it makes no sense at all

Disease or Plague Event

Suggested/mentioned by Snob in this forum: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35234-unimplemented-ideas-that-would-be-awesome-if-added-to-the-dlc/#entry458482

A Plague or disease would come to the world once a year and would affect all of the creatures. Eating an infected creature = damage to life points + you get infected. Once you get infected you lose life points at a certain rate.

looks great, if we at least have some way to fight it(or not, I would love to see everybody falling to the Plague again)

Event: All Out Creature War

All of the Creatures would basically fight: Bunnymen, Rock Lobsters, Pigs, Merms

I approve.(and they should attack the player aswell)

Leader of the tribe

Merms = Merm king/ queen

Bunnymen = Bunny Overlord

Rock Lobsters = Rock God? Giant?

if done well it can be good, but I prefer the way it is right now, with pigs feeling special for having their kings, and spiders wrecking the players face with their queens

Two more biomes please?

Beach and Swamp biome

More vegetation and creatures please? :grin:

well, there's already the swamps(although some call them Marsh), and really, we don't need more creatures and vegetation, we need to flesh out more the stuff we already have, because there's really a lot that we don't really even look at(for example, the pond plant, the mosquitoes, eels fish), just because most of the times you don't even have a reason to interact with them

would be good, but for now, instead of adding downsides to beating giant bosses that are too easy, there should be more effort on making them killing them harder(or killing the player easily. c'mon, tell me being able to kill a giant Bear-Badger thing with claws bigger than you using a piece of ham, a football helmet and a log suit isn't overpowered). Also, the drops should be something more powerfull and usefull(kinda like the down feather), not just summoning another underpowered giant for you to beat effortlessly

sounds really good, just sounds a bit too normal compared to the other stuff in DS, but if it was somewhat different(and as threatning as the Varg), it could make people be more carefull when tracking animals(or dying more, which also good)

don't you think starving is hard enough right now, with all the food you've got just filling the place?

I don't even know what to say... First it sounds too out of place and completely desnecessary, second it makes no sense at all

looks great, if we at least have some way to fight it(or not, I would love to see everybody falling to the Plague again)

I approve.(and they should attack the player aswell)

if done well it can be good, but I prefer the way it is right now, with pigs feeling special for having their kings, and spiders wrecking the players face with their queens

well, there's already the swamps(although some call them Marsh), and really, we don't need more creatures and vegetation, we need to flesh out more the stuff we already have, because there's really a lot that we don't really even look at(for example, the pond plant, the mosquitoes, eels fish), just because most of the times you don't even have a reason to interact with them

-King of giants: Maybe when you summon the giant it wrecks the area for you for a short amount of time, but that would be a bit like bigfoot...-.- a better idea for an item is needed indeed...

-Yeti: it could be similar to the Varg, it's aggressive and has some aggressive monsters with it too (Ice Hound? Aggressive penguins? New Snow Creature?)

-Cocoa and Wheat: You have a great point, feeding myself has been so easy after I've gotten grasp of the game

-Chess: I just think we need more chess creatures and another use for the chess biome

-Leader: It would be really great if each one of them had a leader except for the Merms... after a while, I realized, the merms don't need a leader

-More stuff: You can't blame me for wanting more,XD more biomes = more threats and treats. About the swamp though I was thinking of a biome, which had water in it...the whole biome is really a swamp/ marsh, o.o you'd be knee deep in muck and water!

And yes, that's true, they should improve them because most of the time players just ignore them. Like, they should give use more reasons to fish or kill mosquitoes!

Archived