Swamp Suggestions!

The swamp is one of the hardest biomes, as people say, but with RoG making other biomes ranking near it, I thought of these.

Swamp Slowness Penalty: Inspired by another post, swamps should be slushy and gross, making you go slower. If we added some slowness, it might make the biome more of a challenge.

With the addition of a buff, it has to be counter able.

BOOTS!

Boots will take away the slowness penalty, stop sanity drain in swamps + in the rain, and maybe a bit less rain consequences. Crafting recipe should include a swamp material, but I'm not exactly sure what else.

Merm vs. Tentacle fights gone.

This might seem bad, but what is the easiest part of swamps? Free fish and frog legs. Run through the swamp to refill hunger and health? uhm no

I think Merms and Tentacles should be alliances, making it harder to get tentacle spikes and stuff.

All these additions might make people stay away from the swamps, so why not add papyrus to some more recipes? This will promote facing the dangers of the swamp, like people are encouraged to go into the ruins!

except from the boots(how would we even put them on? And we already have the walking cane) those are some great ideas, especially the bust in papyrus recipes

Edit: I also think that tentacles should, slowly but surely, reproduce around them(only in swamp turf) in a way that if you don't act quickly, your entire swamp can become impossible to live in without major terraforming and preparations

except from the boots(how would we even put them on? And we already have the walking cane) those are some great ideas, especially the bust in papyrus recipes

Edit: I also think that tentacles should, slowly but surely, reproduce around them(only in swamp turf) in a way that if you don't act quickly, your entire swamp can become impossible to live in without major terraforming and preparations

I was thinking about the boots, and maybe there could be an extra slot for shoes? Probably too much to offer, but it could happen. That's a separate suggestion. For now I can just guess they should be where the hats are.

Also, the walking cane makes you go faster, but it's harder to get. These are specifically for swamps and rain, with a sanity boost.

With the tentacles reproducing, maybe it could reproduce into straight lines and circles? Or moving ones? Randomly spread out tentacles reproducing might make it too hard, but with strategically reproduced tentacles could also add a challenge, and twist the game a bit.

well, being able to walk at normal/fast speed in a swamp should be hard, so unless the boots where as hard/harder to get than the walking cane, then they could work

Edit: maybe the walking cane could make you walk at the same speed in or out of the swamp(but not affect wetness slowness), to make it a little more necessary than just making anxious people happier(because you need to walk really fast in swamps to survive)

Archived