About the Mini Map

So i have an idea about Mini Map, I think game can have a mini map in stead of the map button. Because it's much more easy to people check where they are and where the resource are. Also set the Mini Map as the button, then people can open the map to check the whole map. However, i suggest the mini map should follow the day and night. for example, when it's day time the mini map can show every thing on the map(not include undiscovered area). When the night is come in mini map will goes darker and only display the area have camp fire or anything light on. I think this works and will not destroy the balance of the game.:D

• Like 1

First, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay!

I too want a mini-map, and I will agree that having it follow the day night cycle would be nice. Which style of mini-map do you mean though? Just a little mini map in the corner, sort of like say Civilization or starcraft or other RTS? Or a mini-map more akin to the Diablo style, where its just an overlay of the main screen, which is only slightly visible?

• Like 1

Hi,i want a mini map that fit to the don't starve style, which means you can make the mini map more like the treasure map, made by parchment, and the place i think it's at right bottom corner, where the big map button is. About the size, i don't want it to be big, because it's mini map right ? So i think the size will larger then the clock on the left top corner, and make mini map as square.And about mini map i have other idea. In the future it will have a lot of different weather right ? like snow storm, raining or other weathers. So i suggest to add a weather forecast item in the game, like "weather bird" whatever it call, people can craft a item and when they use it. the come in up weather will show on the mini map. So if the terrible weather will do damage to the camp. people can have time to prepare, And the preparation will add more fun to the game. :D

• Like 1

I think it would be apropiate not to have a maps from the beggining. What if you had to make it with papyrus? and then you can mark it. By the way, a minimap is usefull, but a map makes it more realistic (if you will) and "difficult". I rather the map as it is

• Like 1

And if possible i think can set mini map as the item that we can build in the game, and the also build the weather forecast item add with mini map. it's just my idea, and if you said go with the realistic approach, i think we don't need big map too right? because we are trap by a devil.

- - - Updated - - -

And if possible i think can set mini map as the item that we can build in the game, and the also build the weather forecast item add with mini map. it's just my idea, and if you said go with the realistic approach, i think we don't need big map too right? because we are trap by a devil.