Visual meters for freezing and overheating

It would be great to get small bars or some kind of indication as to where we are before freezing and overheating in winter and summer. As well as the meter falling back down when we stand near a fire pit so we know when we can move on. I find myself paranoid of leaving my base because I'm unsure if I've had enough fire.

Possibly.

Not really picky, i just dont know what most of Celsius means.

0°C: water freezes

100°C: water boils

0°C: Wilson freezes

70°C: Wilson overheats

That's pretty much all you need to know. :razz:

(though realistically 40°C would be more than enough for overheating)

Lol, I'm not a Celsius person either, but it's handy to see the range of when you start to get frostbite (5) then freezing (0) in the winter and overheating (65, I think) and stroking out (70, I think). Only been thru 1 summer so far and it's kicking my butt!!

Ah thanks, I've tried out the mod. I do hope that Klei does incorporate something like this in the future though to the vanilla game.

I don't think they will. If they think it was needed they had added it in the first place. But they want to use as few meters as possible. That is the reason for the triggered lines and the cold/hot-animations plus the freeze/heat effect. 

It's a design decision which is made to keep immersion high. Players are supposed to get the information through observation.

And since there is already a mod which covers this, players can use that instead.

I don't think they will. If they think it was needed they had added it in the first place. But they want to use as few meters as possible. That is the reason for the triggered lines and the cold/hot-animations plus the freeze/heat effect. 

It's a design decision which is made to keep immersion high. Players are supposed to get the information through observation.

And since there is already a mod which covers this, players can use that instead.

That seems reasonable. Thanks for the info (:

Archived