Is it possible to increase the time spiders follow Webber?

Pro

I'm curious because I feel the time they follow him now is too short, Especially since they require meat to obtain.

...They follow you forever. That's longer than pigs. And they're more common.

They do stay for exactly one day.

Here's how to change it:

Navigate to your equivalent of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0001\scripts,

then open tuning.lua.

Use CTRL-F to find and change these lines:

SPIDER_LOYALTY_MAXTIME = total_day_time*10.5,
SPIDER_LOYALTY_PER_HUNGER = total_day_time*3.5,

These are the values I use, they'll be different for you.

As for a quick explanation: Maxtime is the maximum amount of time they can be partners for without any more feeding.

Think of it like a cup of loyalty. If the cup is full, then no more loyalty can be added, it'll just spill out.

But if you drink from that cup, then the loyalty will be depleted and you can add more.

For spiders it's important because the AoE will affect your spiders that you currently have as well as the ones you're recruting. (I think..)

loyalty_per_hunger, you can figure that out yourself.

Be aware that every update will break the changes to the root files that you make, and you should follow a mod tutorial on how to make a permanent mod that does this.

Thanks so much Flypaste! I have one 

They do stay for exactly one day.

Here's how to change it:

Navigate to your equivalent of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0001\scripts,

then open tuning.lua.

Use CTRL-F to find and change these lines:

SPIDER_LOYALTY_MAXTIME = total_day_time*10.5,
SPIDER_LOYALTY_PER_HUNGER = total_day_time*3.5,

These are the values I use, they'll be different for you.

As for a quick explanation: Maxtime is the maximum amount of time they can be partners for without any more feeding.

Think of it like a cup of loyalty. If the cup is full, then no more loyalty can be added, it'll just spill out.

But if you drink from that cup, then the loyalty will be depleted and you can add more.

For spiders it's important because the AoE will affect your spiders that you currently have as well as the ones you're recruting. (I think..)

loyalty_per_hunger, you can figure that out yourself.

Be aware that every update will break the changes to the root files that you make, and you should follow a mod tutorial on how to make a permanent mod that does this.

Thank you very much!

Archived