Rain and caves

Okay, so, we dealt with heat and cold in the caves, now to tackle rain. I'd say that there should be:

1. By default decreased wetness ratio in caves

2. A dripping sound effect to add to the cave atmosphere

3. A setting in world generation to set if you want full wetness, less or none at all in caves.

Also, on a sidenote, it's not really a suggestion and probably better fit for a mod: A way to hide the wetness meter. I really don't like it popping in and out, and I'd say that the character quotes and the blue wetness indicators in the inventory are enough to show how wet you are.

That's why I propose the world generation setting.

Yes, but your first point in OP was that the ratio be reduced for caves by DEFAULT, which is what I disagree with. It is not like it ever pours in caves, it is always light rain. Why should that rain be less effective than light rain elsewhere?

Leave the default game difficult. If you want settings to make it easier, make it a base builder, whichever, then that is fine, which I stated in my first post. There are also plenty of mods that would help you achieve your goal already. Getting a challenge is a little bit tougher.

Only #2 & #3, rain is a piece of cake to deal with in caves, but I like that Klei is giving you guys the option to turn everything off, so I support that.

Not as Weber.. Pretty hard to keep him sane underground with his natural low sanity and the rain plus the cave debuff. And he is supposed to be "master of caves"!

Yes, but your first point in OP was that the ratio be reduced for caves by DEFAULT, which is what I disagree with. It is not like it ever pours in caves, it is always light rain. Why should that rain be less effective than light rain elsewhere?

Leave the default game difficult. If you want settings to make it easier, make it a base builder, whichever, then that is fine, which I stated in my first post. There are also plenty of mods that would help you achieve your goal already. Getting a challenge is a little bit tougher.

I like creative challenges, not the overworld challenges pasted onto the caves. Also, I was referring to the world generation setting I referred to in the 3rd post being set to less rain at world start up. (It's new to me that it's only light rain down there too, I thought it was just full on overworld effects. If it's already reduced, then the first point is of course made redundant.)

Archived