Frog Rain

As of now, frog rain is the bane of my existence. Of 5 RoG deaths, ALL of them were either directly or indirectly caused by frog rain.

Does anybody know any good tactics to fight it? Even when I set it to "low", they still spawn like every 4th day, which isn't cool.

I've tried using traps, but they're pretty unreliable and pigs don't work because webber. Catcoons get massacred.

As I start in spring, I can't get tooth traps before all the frogs have done their damage.

At the moment my only way to stop them from infesting my base is to jump into a wormhole every time I think it will rain frogs, which really doesn't help me at all.

If you see a rain frog, first thing you can do is run away from your camp until it's over. There will be frogs somewhere else, but at least you'll be safe in your camp !

As you mentionned, traps is a good way to get rid of frogs. You can place it almost on top of a frog and capturing it should be easy. Just dodge its attack and lure it into the trap. Repeat for as long as you want. It's a safe but rather slow method. It should be easy to get rid of the few frogs that are in your camp, though.

You could also run into a Beefalo herd, provided its big enough and close enough to you when it starts raining frogs. They should take care of the frogs for you =)

That's some of the ways you can deal with the frogs. There are others, but I never really found frog rain to be a serious threat if you deal with it properly =) Hope that helped you !

You could also run into a Beefalo herd, provided its big enough and close enough to you when it starts raining frogs. They should take care of the frogs for you =)

This is what I did, gets you plenty of food too.

frogs attacks are easy to dodge.

so if they happen to rain into your base, best option is to attack one frog (just hit, don't fight it) and then run like hell.

all nearby frogs will start to chase you, and this way you can move them to other location where they won't be so annoying.

consider spawning birchnut treeguard too, they are excellent solution for frog problem

Archived