I don't know if it would be a hard time trying to code this, but it could actually be a nice addition, I should say.

It would damage you over time, like, draining one health point per 5 seconds (for example).

Some monsters can poison you, like the Spider Queen, with a 50% chance per hit she lands on you.

Or Spitters, with a lower chance.

Eating spoiled food can also poison you for a small chance.

Eating some mushrooms could also have a very small chance of poisoning you unless they are cooked.

The cure would be applying a Honey Poultice or waiting for it to wear off, unless the poison is too strong, in which case you would end up losing much more health. I believe it should not kill you though, only drain a certain amount of health. The stronger the poison, the faster you will lose health, and the more you will be drained.

Tell me what you think.

Huh. I wonder why it has not been added yet.

probably time constraints - decided it couldn't be added if they wanted to add other certain things. but maybe that new poison thing you mentioned will be just what you wanted. 

Archived