Ice Flinger doesn't put out crops that are growing

This has happened several games, and I need to speak up about it. The Ice Fling-o-matic does it's job in protecting plants as I plant them, but once they start smoldering, the machine does nothing! I lost so many buildings and plants this way it's beginning to get on my nerves. I even saw one of my birds starting to smolder and the flinger did nothing to put it out. Please hotfix this, ASAP!

In the mean time, use ice to stop thing from igniting. Also removing the item with a shovel or hammer will save everything else. I heard rot can stop things from smoldering, but i haven't tried that yet.

If you can get a ice staff, you can freeze animals.

In the mean time, use ice to stop thing from igniting. Also removing the item with a shovel or hammer will save everything else. I heard rot can stop things from smoldering, but i haven't tried that yet.

If you can get a ice staff, you can freeze animals.

I can't even apply ice to the smoldering plants. And to put out the bird in my cage I just took it out and put it back in again.

Rot does put out fires.  I've used it on trees, bushes, a variety of things.  It's the simplest answer if you don't have an ice staff.  Don't waste ice putting out smoldering.  It's way more valuable as an ice hat or flinger. 

Archived