Better progression

Since the reasearch points will Soon get removed there will be little to no sense of progression in between play for some people.

So i was thinking about adding some sort of leveling system for individual characters, each level adding slight benefits such as slightly bigger stomach/health.

This could be nice for certain types of players, as it will not make it a chore to level up and yet it will also offer a better sense of progression to the game. Also it would be best if you would not have to die to get your level up. Exp could be gained through simply surviving, gaining slightly better exp for every day ( Ex: day 1- 1 exp day 10 1.1 exp day 100 2 exp and so on )

So,what do you think?

I don't think it's needed. Once the game is finished I hope there will be enough threats and randomness that each play-through will be different from the last.

If the devs do want to implement some sort of progression I hope it's somewhat gimmicky.

This sounds an awful lot like a suggestion :) Don't worry about dying to get your exp. The dev's have said they will most likely change it as it takes away from the gameplay rather than supports it. There will hopefully be some kind of scaling while you play exp style so you can just switch to a new character in the same game. If not that then probably just the storyline method. Beat the story with one character and unlock the next.

I agree with Nxf7.

It seems that gamers developed (or might I say, have been conditioned) this bad habit of seeking positive reinforcement (a reward) for everything they do, and as Kevin previously stated in a Penny Arcade article, they want to avoid some behaviorist simplistic formulas.

I might add that the article and the whole vision it provides, conjugating video-games and Behaviorism, is a delight for me - a Psychology student - to read. But that's off-topic...

Guest Dandytard
I agree with Nxf7.

It seems that gamers developed (or might I say, have been conditioned) this bad habit of seeking positive reinforcement (a reward) for everything they do, and as Kevin previously stated in a Penny Arcade article, they want to avoid some behaviorist simplistic formulas.

I might add that the article and the whole vision it provides, conjugating video-games and Behaviorism, is a delight for me - a Psychology student - to read. But that's off-topic...

Hahaha, You cheeky devil, You just said all of that only to mention proudly that you're a Psychology student, And thus increased your ego by 5%. I'm not a Psychology student, But I damn love em', Because I like to think the same way they do, most of the time anyhow.