To begin in Winter or in Summer

Hello everybody,

Now, with the new DLC, the best seasons to begin are spring and autumn and I don't have any problem with it.

But, if I want to begin my game in winter or summer it's mission impossible: in less than a minute I die because of the cold or because of the heat. You cant' even play a day !!!

So, I think it could be a good idea to give the player some basic items if he starts in summer or winter (it could be an option in the world settings).

For example, the player should start with a rabbit earmuff and a breezy vest in winter and at least an ice cube in summer (because after all the pretty parasol is not too difficult to craft).

They could also be at 50% of durability, just to be able to survive at least 3 days before being able to survive by your own.

What do you think ?

Starting off in winter with nothing is do-able, it is just very hard since you have to work very fast to keep yourself warm. Starting in summer with no gear would be impossible (unless Willow will get the ability to ignore summer's heat.) since there is no way to cool down early game you would have to spawn near gold and rocks to get an endothermic fireplace within a minute. Best way to solve this is if Klei some how made it so standing in the shade of trees can cool you off.

Also, default plus mode does give you starting equipment.

Also, default plus mode does give you starting equipment.

That's right but there is nothing specific to winter or summer inside this boxes. I would like to start with only 1-2 clothes/items and then make all the work by my own !

Trick is to get a torch asap and start burning a lot of trees ^^

Yes, it's what I do :razz:  but with this technique it remain impossible to collect resources because you must always burn things. It doesn't give you enough time.

Have to explore fast, burn a lot of fires when mining for rocks, and get that science machine up and bunny muffs first thing. By then you should be getting low on berries and carrots to harvest so you need to set up base near those rabbits and survive till summer unless you have it on permanent winter. Then you try to work for those higher tier winter items from your mini base.

Archived