Destruction and creation in summer

Hello,

This is just a feeling, not something really concrete.

There is a thing i find sad in summer : there is great mechanism of destruction (spontaneous combustion), but nothing really specific to summer for creating things.

I'm this kind of player who love make things, create... Making base, farm, plant flower and release bee for see them put flower everywhere, build rabbit hutch and invoke tentacle and see them fighting each over, add a lot and lot of things.

With the threat of fire in summer, all of this can go up in smoke. Litterally.

Even just travel outside my base could make some parts of my world burning, just because i've not seen the little smoke of an obscure flower, somewhere behind a tree.

I know that, for a part, this sort of thing could be balanced :

- With way to put out a fire when we are traveling, a sort of portable ice flingomatic. Could apply ice on burning plants ? Could use ice staff on it ? Why not bot ? Ice staff could prevent them to smoke again for a long time.

- Have better way to see that something is smoking. Music ? Sound ? Like sort of crackle like burning wood ?

But i feel also a lack : i want see in summer unique thing, event, creatures, what you want, giving me a reason to play the season. Things balancing the lost by giving me something i could do only in summer.
Some new sources of fun, some building i can create only by surviving summer and explore, finding new ressources, of fighting summer monster, etc.

Of course, summer must be difficult. And it must be a different difficulty that winter.

And of course again, for the base, there is solution for protect it. It's more that i am discouraged to explore because there isn't, for me, something worthing the risk of wild fire (and way to avoid this fire).

Again, it is just a feeling, and maybe future update will change everything. But i'm hoping this sort of feedback could help !

- With way to put out a fire when we are traveling, a sort of portable ice flingomatic. Could apply ice on burning plants ? Could use ice staff on it ?

They've said they're going to make more items for dealing with the summer.   My money is on bucket of water for portable fire nullification.  

- Have better way to see that something is smoking. Music ? Sound ? Like sort of crackle like burning wood ?

When things are smoldering, they do make a sound currently.  Sort of a frying crackling sound.  But it's easy to miss, especially when you're in base and the flingomatic is making all kinds of noise, even in off position.

Thanks !

I've totally missed the sound before, even out of my base. But maybe i wasn't careful enough.

I've also missed the post about summer, could you remember where it was ? Approximately ? I'm not surprised that it is already planned, but it is good to be more sure about it :)

Archived