Giving us a method to grow farms in winter.

I think that they could change up trees in the winter so that they provide a bundle of roots when you dig up the stumps rather than or in addition to logs.

It's a weird proposition, and I'm not entirely sure I approve, but it'd be an interesting twist on winter. With fire being even more important when compounding wetness on top of cold it could deprives a log source (if roots instead of logs), but also helps to curb food problems by having to go far to collect food in the snow.

The question would be (if applied) whether roots would be available year round, what maturity the tree has the be to produce roots, if the stump would wither in a day, and if both trees produce roots or if one is inedible (for humans/robots/spider things).

Inedible roots would work like a hambat. While inedible, it would still have a spoil meter and not be flammable till empty. But it could be fed to pigmen, rabbits and the like.

Archived