An idea I have no idea what to do with.

I'm planning on creating a Hatsune Miku mod for Don't Starve where you can play as Hatsune Miku, and I have all of the things necessary for creating my character EXCEPT the knowledge of how to use gimp 2.8.

Can someone please tell me how to add another, transparent layer onto the character templates and save the drawings I've made to a seperate file so I can use them in game? :hopelessness:

I'm planning on creating a Hatsune Miku mod for Don't Starve where you can play as Hatsune Miku, and I have all of the things necessary for creating my character EXCEPT the knowledge of how to use gimp 2.8.

Can someone please tell me how to add another, transparent layer onto the character templates and save the drawings I've made to a seperate file so I can use them in game? :hopelessness:

Use paint.NET it's a LOT easier, it's like paint but it has layers and transparency ;)

I personally have no idea bout the texture requirements for the game. But if you are looking for something that is easy to work with... try Inkscape. With it you can create Vector graphics, which should be able to be exported to any size/dimension without scaling issues. Plus, it's nice to be able to edit lines and such once they're made... by dragging the points.

Basic Inkscape Tutorial

Archived