World Customization Test

I wanted to check out some of the customizations in the new build so after having fun with the chaos of setting everything to LOTS I decided to see what the "more" setting gives us. In particular I wanted to see the mobs (Hound Mounds, Killer Bee Hives, Spiders, Tallbirds, Merms, Walrus Dens)

I revealed the map using the console and did a quick accounting of the enemies by biome.

Mixed Biome
Hounds-6
Killer Bees-10
Spiders-12
Tallbirds-10
Walrus-9

Large Grass Biome
Hounds-21
Killer Bees-14
Spiders-22
Tallbirds-26
Walrus-35

Small Savanna Biome
Hounds-9 
Killer Bees-6
Spiders-9
Tallbirds-8
Walrus-3

Grass Biome
Hounds-9
Killer Bees-10
Spiders-7
Tallbirds-10
Walrus-6

Swamp Biome
Hounds-9 
Killer Bees-1(on a patch of grass)
Spiders-12
Tallbirds-14
Walrus-14

Desert Biome
Hounds-33(10 in hound set piece)
Killer Bees-6
Spiders-17
Tallbirds-10
Walrus-12

Small Autumn Biome
Hounds-10
Killer Bees-6
Spiders-6
Tallbirds-4
Walrus-7

Forest Biome
Hounds-8
Killer Bees-9
Spiders-14
Tallbirds-9
Walrus-11

Rocky Biome
Hounds-6
Killer Bees-3
Spiders-29
Tallbirds-7
Walrus-9

Grass Biome (Wooden Thing/Killer Bee Patch)
Hounds-6
Killer Bees-46
Spiders-6
Tallbirds-4
Walrus-2

Totals
Hounds 117
Killer Bees 111
Spiders 134
Tallbirds 102
Walrus 108

After Seeing this I feel like there should be an option in between "Default" and "More", especially for walruses. Is there any need to have a setting that gives us more spawns than what I've shown above? I think the current "More" setting should become "Lots" and the new "More" setting should have somewhere between 30-50% of the current "More".

For Walruses there are usually only 1-5 Walrus dens on a map on default, setting them to more gives such a huge jump. Given the 108 Walrus dens and the fact that their spawns cannot be destroyed it's nearly impossible to build a base without being in their range. Also god help the world if the hounds overspawning glitch occurs.

I liked having merms set to more, you find them all over the map and they can really surprise you. I actually died to a merm while nursing low health around a dying fire. I didn't see him until I was dead!

And I thought I had it bad lol!

I set Walrus camps to "More" for one of my maps and had I think about 83 of them on the map. Totally unbalanced there from the typical 3-5 on default.

Although I'm fairly certain the walrus camp is a bug tbh

Archived