How many duplicates if I buy the big box of collectables?

Hi there.

I already asked this question in the thread about the collectables but I never got an answer so now I try with a dedicated thread.

I'd like to know if I buy the big with 16 blind boxes am I guaranteed to get one of each + random 4 duplicates or could I actually risk getting 16 blind boxes of the same type?

Even getting 3 of the same would be kinda annoying.

Just think of the possibilities you could have with an army of spiders and one poor survivor.

When you put it like that it doesn't sound so bad to get a whole pack of spiders. 

Hi there.

I already asked this question in the thread about the collectables but I never got an answer so now I try with a dedicated thread.

I'd like to know if I buy the big with 16 blind boxes am I guaranteed to get one of each + random 4 duplicates or could I actually risk getting 16 blind boxes of the same type?

Even getting 3 of the same would be kinda annoying.

Blindboxes benefit nothing but the company who sell them. I'm afraid we'll have to deal with this duplicate-thing for a long time ahead, after all, we're the customers  :wilson_dilemma:

Blindboxes benefit nothing but the company who sell them. I'm afraid we'll have to deal with this duplicate-thing for a long time ahead, after all, we're the customers  :wilson_dilemma:

I read in that thread that klei did this in order to be sure to at least break even and not to have at big stock of unsellable boxes.

To that I would counter that they could have just made it possible to preorder and then that way spotted which boxes would be most popular and produce a bucket load of those and not so many of the not so popular ones...

Oh well. Maybe this will help keep the prices up in the trade/reseller market.

It was possible on the Chester kickstarter campaign

COMPLETE BLIND-BOX SET: Get an incredibly rare opportunity to take the “blind” out of blind-box… you get them all. Limited to 50 worldwide, you will receive a display box of 16 figures that we guarantee contains all 12 unique figures and their accessories. We’ll also make sure you get all 14 unique collectible accessories. Since 16 are needed to fill a display box, the additional 4 figures will be randomly picked. Each box will be factory sealed, as we have set these aside at the production level just for this KickStarter. Oh, and you’ll still get a Chester plush replica, a giftable key for the digital Steam and stand-alone versions will be provided (PC/Mac/Linux) and all the digital rewards from “HELPING HAND” level. If you’re a Klei Forum member, you’ll get a special golden “Chester Founder” badge. Price includes shipping within USA.

Estimated delivery: May 2014
Add $36 USD to ship outside the US

I hope the randomness on the shop will be permanent, it would be fair for those of us who pledged $500 on kickstarter to have theses boxes without the randomness thing

Archived