Umbrella does a bit too good of a job.

The umbrella's durability drains a little to slow, and it blocks the rain a little too well right now.

Yes im complaining about an umbrella blocking the rain, deal with it.

Just having that thing out makes your wetness meter go down. Even if you use other tools to work with, having the umbrella out for a minute will reset your wetness. I had no reason to go make a rain coat/hat after I figured that out.

Unless the rain increases with every spring cycle, then there might not be a need for tuning, but I haven't had the time to play that long yet.

Well you cant use other tools while you have the umbrella out

I commented on this in the post above, but its just that after your done using your tools, taking out the umbrella will reverse any wetness you have gained

Well no ****. But why have a rain coat/hat then?

I'm commenting on how it is too effective as a rain blocker. There is no reason to craft anything else when you have the umbrella

Well you can use tools if you're wearing a coat

Why have winter clothes if we already have a heat stone? Why is there more then one healing item if they all do the same thing? It goes down to crafting components and what works best for the situation at the time

It's just what the player wants to do

Break out an umbrella every few minutes and stop all you're doing, or wear a raincoat and a hat which may not block the water as good as the umbrella but allows you to use tools

Well you can use tools if you're wearing a coat

Why have winter clothes if we already have a heat stone? Why is there more then one healing item if they all do the same thing? It goes down to crafting components and what works best for the situation at the time

It's just what the player wants to do

Break out an umbrella every few minutes and stop all you're doing, or wear a raincoat and a hat which may not block the water as good as the umbrella but allows you to use tools

Okay, the Heat stone argument is a bit of BS, since the heat stone is a very temporary solution, it needs to be reheated by a fire every once and a while, which wastes a lot of time, and it can freeze. It has ups and downs, the umbrella has very little down side. (Also you can still use tools while having a heat stone)

Though, I guess in the end it is, like you said, up to the player. Im not much for fighting early on, so the idea of getting Tentacle Spots is a bit unknown for me.

Regardless, umbrella shouldn't dry you out if your already wet. Realistically, a bit of rain will still get on you even if you use an umbrella :razz:

Archived