New artist needs help with software

Hey guys so after watching youtube videos for about a year i finally got my own copy of dont starve! :D i love so many things like how hardcore it is and all of the creepy stuff to test and explore like sinkholes and CHESTER!!! I found him with wendy on day 4 and hes so cool! (Dont tell him i said this but he has an obsessive collection of flint). Anyway, i have recently been checking out stuff on the website and i noticed that there was a page for fan art and i wanted my art in there and have fun with supporting too so i asked klei entertainment how i can and they told me that posting on he forums is the best way so i made an account but 1 question remains:..... What software should i use to make my art? My first picture was a sketch i sent to klei of wilson getting eaten by insanity. But now i have paint.net on my computer and am currently making a new picture. But i feel paint.net isnt very "pro" so i figured asking the people who do this kind of thing could help me out and tell me some good free programs for art. Just leave a comment down below :) thanks guys you rule!

Hey guys im a new dont starve artist and i need help finding software for my pictures. Just comment any free art software below.

I am currently using paint.net.

Thanks guys!

If you want completely free software similar to Photoshop I recommend GIMP. Another option would be Paint Tool SAI but it's not suited for photo-manipulation and it doesn't come for free. Still, SAI is my personal favourite :grin:

Hey guys thanks for that. Btw im really glad i could find other artists on here. :) i dont know how to add photos. I tried it but i guess the site doesnt allow .pdn files so i will have to try another way. If you would like to contact me my email is greysontingstad@gmail.com and i will always accept friends on steam and my account is TcGreyson. Thanks again guys.

P.s. if you email i could send you a picture of the photo.

Hey guys thanks for that. Btw im really glad i could find other artists on here. :-) i dont know how to add photos. I tried it but i guess the site doesnt allow .pdn files so i will have to try another way. If you would like to contact me my email is greysontingstad@gmail.com and i will always accept friends on steam and my account is TcGreyson. Thanks again guys.

P.s. if you email i could send you a picture of the photo.

Attach files to your post e.g JPG, PNG, GIF. Problem solved.