Moving our chests

use the Q and E buttons to rotate your view so you can see them

There should be no situation in which an item is completely obscured

that being said, I agree. Once, in poor judgement, I put a chest behind my firepit and found out that when the fire is larger, it extends the hitbox (I don't know what else to call it) which covered my chest. While the ability to rotate is useful, it's a little disorientating so I just made a new chest and put it to the side.

They made them "pushable" once, and it was incredibly annoying. Every time you clicked it to open it, you moved it a little bit. After a week or so they changed it back to static, but introduced the hammer, that let's you brake down the chest and build it somewhere else.

You may loose some resources, but it's all part of the learning curve.

i personally think movable chests will be annoying. im assuming you want to be able to pick it up and move it somewhere else. but if you picked up a chest, where would all the resources go from it? to the ground? stay in? also this would most likely make turtling easier by simply building 2 bases close to each other and moving your stuff between them in times of danger.

- - - Updated - - -

i personally think movable chests will be annoying. im assuming you want to be able to pick it up and move it somewhere else. but if you picked up a chest, where would all the resources go from it? to the ground? stay in? also this would most likely make turtling easier by simply building 2 bases close to each other and moving your stuff between them in times of danger.

A forum member once made a suggestion, why not have it that when a chest has items, even a single item, in it the chest is immovable. But when the chest is empty it can be moved by pushing it. I thought that was a good idea and not as extreme as using the hammer.

A forum member once made a suggestion, why not have it that when a chest has items, even a single item, in it the chest is immovable. But when the chest is empty it can be moved by pushing it. I thought that was a good idea and not as extreme as using the hammer.

or perhaps be able to pick it up but not have it go into our inventory? sort of have an animation of him walking around while carrying it and he cannot do anything (pick up items or activate items or equip items) until he drops it to its new place?