Console Edition Boomerang

So I'm playing Don't Starve: Console Edition on PS4 and I've made a boomerang or two. I understand that when you throw it you're supposed to hold down some button to catch it. I've tried holding down X and a couple other buttons I think, but I've yet to catch it. Not only have I destroyed a boomerang or two this way...it also beat the crap out of me.

Does anyone else familiar with the PS4 version know the button on the controller used for catching the boomerang?

Thanks!

According to the Don't Starve Wiki page for the Boomerang, you have to hold down the "action button" during it's return flight. I'm not sure what correlates to the action button on the controller, but I would assume it is X (PS4). It may be a timing issue, as I believe I was holding down the X button throughout the entire flight of the boomerang. I haven't taken the time to test it further yet.

According to the Don't Starve Wiki page for the Boomerang, you have to hold down the "action button" during it's return flight. I'm not sure what correlates to the action button on the controller, but I would assume it is X (PS4). It may be a timing issue, as I believe I was holding down the X button throughout the entire flight of the boomerang. I haven't taken the time to test it further yet.

Try just pressing X once after it hits the opponent instead of throughout the flight. It also tends to work better on the PC if your opponent is a little further away.

The unfortunate thing about the console edition is you do not get to freely target objects with the mouse. You tend to target whatever is closest to you (also why a lot of people are complaining of accidentally hitting Chester all the time), or once you get within a certain distance. I've found this usually means with ranged weapons you have to get uncomfortably close.

Try just pressing X once after it hits the opponent instead of throughout the flight. It also tends to work better on the PC if your opponent is a little further away.

Yeah and AFTER it hits try pressing/holding down that button. Dang it that explains why I get hit sometimes when holding down the button. 

Archived