Crock Pot - visible food

Kuloslav

Well, the good answer is: There is a way for nearly everything to do in Don't Starve modding. Luckily!

I dont know, if you modded some other stuff (try creating some easier stuff first), before you start with this one, but if you look at the cookpot anims, you will like 2-3 pictures for the given states (closed, opened/empty, opened/full). These pictures are animated for fluid transitions.

Modding your idea, would require removing the opened/full picture (or making it transparent) and integrating the item pictures of the meals as new prefabs into the cookpot, when its ready.

Just try it, and dont bother to ask in the forums!

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I'm creating a mod that adds new recipes.

I can add new recipes but the food isn't visible on crock pot. Harvested food is visible on equipment and on the ground.

In thread http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29094-last-update-what-happens-now/ user Q mentioned that I should replace some files and animations are visible, but I don't know which...

Yeah. Your post wasnt very clear... And the things i posted were crap anyways.

You will have to analyze the code of stewer.lua, cooking.lua and cookpot.lua, I think. modding is a very laborious stuff. Just keep on searching. Try to understand the code, look what is THERE, look what is NOT there.. good luck!

(Maybe search for other mods doing the same, you want to do)

Archived