Different Magic Icon

Is it true that they've changed the tab icon? It looked like a red skull in the newest update vid! If so, I'm extremely excited. It'll bring me back into the game immediately.

It was changed a few updates ago.

Oh COME ON PEOPLE! We live in a world today where everyone has to pussyfoot around other people, WE ARE SO DAMN SENSITIVE! Anyway it's just a damn star in the end anyway and it is fitting for the games "bleak" atmosphere. If anything I am annoyed they changed it to that silly red skll.

Oh COME ON PEOPLE! We live in a world today where everyone has to pussyfoot around other people, WE ARE SO DAMN SENSITIVE! Anyway it's just a damn star in the end anyway and it is fitting for the games "bleak" atmosphere. If anything I am annoyed they changed it to that silly red skll.

Listen, I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't really know how to respond to this. I mean, I respect your opinions, and I definitely understand; all I'm asking, in turn is an equal level of respect.

I'm fine with the image, people shouldn't take offence to it, it isn't like it is hurting anyone. It's just a matter of the player's beliefs, (as long as there is a warning for that king of stuff on the label I'm pretty sure its fine) it is basically the same thing as how Sims can have homosexual people in it, it is insulting to some people, but that doesn't mean it should be removed (its not illegal or anything (it is illegal however for people to do harm to others because of it, like if your neighbor is a wicken, you can't fight/kill them because of it)) (i don't think it needed to be changed :-|)

I'm fine with the image, people shouldn't take offence to it, it isn't like it is hurting anyone. It's just a matter of the player's beliefs, (as long as there is a warning for that king of stuff on the label I'm pretty sure its fine) it is basically the same thing as how Sims can have homosexual people in it, it is insulting to some people, but that doesn't mean it should be removed (its not illegal or anything (it is illegal however for people to do harm to others because of it, like if your neighbor is a wicken, you can't fight/kill them because of it)) (i don't think it needed to be changed :-|)

Capt, I definitely see what you're saying. It's not technically hurting anyone, however, it could be a touchy subject for some, and could, in turn, push people away from the game. I saw no warning label for the icon, and I assure you, had I known about it, I probably would not have purchased said game.

I thought that for the overall feel of the game (in my opinion) the pentagram didn't fit. Now, I recognize that others felt very differently, and this has brought some anger with players; however, I think Klei can safely cover their bases in this sense simply because it's less offensive to some. I would, now, be more than happy to suggest such a gem to friends of mine, when before the icon change I would not have.

I feel that, in the end, it's going to come down to personal preference. It seems that Klei can't make everyone happy in this instance, and I, for one, did not know there'd be such a vocal group for the symbol. In a sense, I'm sorry that we don't see eye-to-eye, and that what I am joyous for, you find distaste in. I thank you, however, for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I guess. Sorry, tiredness and seeing people complain don't go well together with me. :/ I guess it's because I am open to everything.

GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL! :D

I appreciate it, sauce. Have a good one! :D

[...] did not know there'd be such a vocal group for the symbol.

Personally, It wasn't that I was rooting for that symbol in particular, but against changing it; I didn't think that the arguments presented had enough merit to support a change.

But I myself was raise free of all religion, and thus consider the inverted pentagram (and all other religions symbols) simply as that, symbols that convey ideas, not eternal damnation. That's why I have a hard time beginning to comprehend how something as apparently simple as 5 lines arranged in a star-like shape can generate such profound rejection from people.

But anyway, the symbol was changed to a red skull (which would most likely offend Captain America's fans) so this debate is pretty much dead already.

Good to have you back onboard [MENTION=3733]Zeokroe[/MENTION] ;)