Content suggestion - Grim Reaper

I noticed that it counts the days that passes and the players ages

I suggest you add an "Expiration date" on each of the characters so that when they've played a significant amount of days and have reached the Expiry date a Grim Reaper will spawn at night and will try to reap your soul for GOOD or maybe some other penalty like loss of knowledge and you will have to re-do your Science Research or something like that

Maybe any light source will keep the Reaper at bay meaning you don't have to annoyingly deal with him always only at night probably like that Castlevania curse at night. (He cannot exist on any ground with light)

Just think about it, as you stay next to your campfire, your lifeline, your safe haven but just outside that safe ring of light lies the Reaper awaiting eagerly with his scythe.

I think it fits well with the game's art and theme.

I noticed that it counts the days that passes and the players ages

I assume by this you are referring to Wilson, as he can, and will, grow a beard. Currently this is connected to an invention, under the "Magic" tab, that he can create called the "Meat Effigy". By using the shaving blade Wilson will trim his beard and you will gain a number of beard tufts based on how long your beard had become.

I suggest you add an "Expiration date" on each of the characters so that when they've played a significant amount of days and have reached the Expiry date a Grim Reaper will spawn at night and will try to reap your soul for GOOD or maybe some other penalty like loss of knowledge and you will have to re-do your Science Research or something like that

Well, research points are not here for the long haul, in fact, that system will be replaced in January with one using resources to unlock inventions. As for an expiration date... I'm not sure I need anyone or anything to tell me when I'm going to die. Especially considering the dangerous nature of the islands. I would think the Grim Reaper would be happy to sit back and enjoy the show. ;)

Maybe any light source will keep the Reaper at bay meaning you don't have to annoyingly deal with him always only at night probably like that Castlevania curse at night. (He cannot exist on any ground with light)

Well light already plays an important role in keeping the Grue at bay, or simply if you are plunged into complete darkness for too long the Grue will devour you. Once a new meter, the Sanity meter, is added to the game then you will have to beware of madness, as insanity will conjure forth unspeakable horroes at night that will do more than just scare you...

Keep on making suggestions! The Devs are watching...

I just played a bit more and noticed there was already something killing you at night the Grue" that you mentioned

I didn't exactly try to stay in the dark.

same with the old age that was wrong too but still plausible with number of days survived

But how about the sleep mechanic?

Since you can sleep at night I thought there can be a chance of spawning something like that of a "Nightmare Wisp" maybe that will wander around and try to wrap around your head and make you lose sanity rapidly if you stand still.

You can kill them and get a "Dream fragment" that you can maybe create something like that of a sanity torch or I'm imagining along the lines of A light blue Will o' wisp on a stick that runs out like a normal torch that Provides Above average light radius and Sanity restoration while equipped.

Although I'm not too sure about how they'll go about their sanity mechanic so I'm just putting this out there.

But how about the sleep mechanic?

Since you can sleep at night I thought there can be a chance of spawning something like that of a "Nightmare Wisp" maybe that will wander around and try to wrap around your head and make you lose sanity rapidly if you stand still.

Right now the effects that let you sleep, actually have you skip the night altogether. So if you used the straw roll then you automatically wake up at sunrise. As such there wouldn't really be any interaction at night and you wouldn't see anything. If it worked more like, say, the Sims, where your character slept while time fast forwards, but events (like burglars) can still occur at night... then your idea would work.

You can kill them and get a "Dream fragment" that you can maybe create something like that of a sanity torch or I'm imagining along the lines of A light blue Will o' wisp on a stick that runs out like a normal torch that Provides Above average light radius and Sanity restoration while equipped.

Mmmm. I don't know, but to be honest until we know more about the Sanity meter and how sanity/insanity works, I can't dismiss any ideas outright. It's just too Soon for me to say. So feel free to hold onto this suggestion until more information is revealed.

Although I'm not too sure about how they'll go about their sanity mechanic so I'm just putting this out there.

And then I read your comment above... so yes, exactly. :)

I sort of like the idea of a grim reaper who shows up after, oh, 100 days and comes closer to Wilson the more days pass, and gets larger as the days pass. Until it can finally touch Wilson and is a giant. Fighting it off would be incredibly difficult.

I don't think this idea "must" be implemented, but it seems worth a thought.