Trapped a Crow!

I was tending to my 5 normal traps for jackalopes when a crow swoops down into one! :D I guess bird traps aren't necessary if you have enough normal traps :D

- - - Updated - - -

I just got another crow feather from a normal trap o.o is this supposed to be common?

Yes birds can land in normal traps. The reason to use birdtraps is if u ONLY want to capture birds. Since there is no use for red feathers atm other than the feather hat, which u make 1 of at the most, hunting for feathers is now best done on bridges or stone areas, where there are only crows.

Yes birds can land in normal traps. The reason to use birdtraps is if u ONLY want to capture birds. Since there is no use for red feathers atm other than the feather hat, which u make 1 of at the most, hunting for feathers is now best done on bridges or stone areas, where there are only crows.

Awesome tip! :) thanks

Traps can be baited with seeds to catch birds, just like bird traps. Birds will sometimes fly into unbaited traps. This is an intentional decision by the developers. So if the trap is not near a bunny hole, then the trapped animal is certainly a bird.

I used to think bird traps were redundant, but they can actually be a better choice for trapping birds as the bird traps use silk instead of grass; grass is needed for so many other important uses and silk is not as important. I don't use any bird traps right now though because they are buggy and unusable at the moment.