Walkways between biomes

The walkways between biome ¨islands. I think it would be interesting if sometimes, maybe during storms, that parts of the walkway get washed away and you´d be forced to build a bridge if you want to get back to the other biome. Or another option would be to fill it in with mud and top it with stones. I´d like to see several ways of doing things in this game. And while you´re out there, maybe you´re at risk of getting hit by lightning? heehee

The walkways between biome ¨islands. I think it would be interesting if sometimes, maybe during storms, that parts of the walkway get washed away and you´d be forced to build a bridge if you want to get back to the other biome. Or another option would be to fill it in with mud and top it with stones. I´d like to see several ways of doing things in this game. And while you´re out there, maybe you´re at risk of getting hit by lightning? heehee

Weather is a hot topic these days, especially since seasons ("winter" confirmed so far) are coming. Right now the bridges are permanent, but I can see what you're saying. It's like when I suggested a volcanic island biome and mentioned that lava streams could spawn from lava pools and block routes the player once used to cross the island, making it difficult to traverse the same way twice.

I know one forum member, at least, suggested allowing players to construct bridges. Not so much to repair bridges between islands, but build them in the first place so you could explore other islands. Me? I suggested boats. The Devs on the other hand appear to be leaning towards "portals to other worlds".

As for thunderstorms, the idea of lightning striking is popular. I cautioned that if lightning caused fires then the fire should only burn whatever was hit and not spread because of the rain. After all we don't want to cause massive forest fires... that we didn't start. :)

Weather is a hot topic these days, especially since seasons ("winter" confirmed so far) are coming. Right now the bridges are permanent, but I can see what you're saying. It's like when I suggested a volcanic island biome and mentioned that lava streams could spawn from lava pools and block routes the player once used to cross the island, making it difficult to traverse the same way twice.

I know one forum member, at least, suggested allowing players to construct bridges. Not so much to repair bridges between islands, but build them in the first place so you could explore other islands. Me? I suggested boats. The Devs on the other hand appear to be leaning towards "portals to other worlds".

As for thunderstorms, the idea of lightning striking is popular. I cautioned that if lightning caused fires then the fire should only burn whatever was hit and not spread because of the rain. After all we don't want to cause massive forest fires... that we didn't start. :)

Yeah I just think that having such thin strips of land connecting two islands, it would be at least partially washed away at some point. Just another element to the game that makes things more difficult and unpredictable. Volcano island would be interesting, it would not only block routes but also possibly destroy a players stuff. I like the boat idea as i mentioned in a post, a nice way of having secret areas to find only accessible via boat. Also (I´ll be creating a post for this), it would be nice to have some shallow waters around the island you can interact with, not just be blocked from.

Yeah I just think that having such thin strips of land connecting two islands, it would be at least partially washed away at some point. Just another element to the game that makes things more difficult and unpredictable.

Expanding on this... It would be pretty neat to have some bridges wash away, and then have others suddenly appear instead of building news ones. Imagine you get to an island, then over night, all the bridges switch to leading to different islands. Why, it would be possible for it to take days to get back to your campsite island!

Also, woo Canadian thread! I'm Albertan!

Expanding on this... It would be pretty neat to have some bridges wash away, and then have others suddenly appear instead of building news ones. Imagine you get to an island, then over night, all the bridges switch to leading to different islands. Why, it would be possible for it to take days to get back to your campsite island!

Also, woo Canadian thread! I'm Albertan!

It´s a funny idea! I can imagine some peoples reactions to that! I think some would rage quit! lol But in the end I think it would be too cruel, I think it would lead to too many deaths.

Yay for BC :p although I´m currently stuck in Mexico working on a sponsorship for my wife. :-|

Now, while I prefer eliminating the bridges and replacing them with boats, I'm not against discussing the idea. After all, it already exists in the game... and for all I know it may just stay that way.

It´s a funny idea! I can imagine some peoples reactions to that! I think some would rage quit! lol But in the end I think it would be too cruel, I think it would lead to too many deaths.

I would hope no one would react so badly as to quit over being trapped on an island. I like the idea that bridges appear and disappear over time. Perhaps it could be a cycle, based on the lunar cycle. Of course to do this properly the bridges would need to look less like stone bridges and more like natural paths during low tide. Since during a "high tide" the path would be swollowed up by the sea.

Players trapped on an island by such a shift would need to make due until the next tidal cycle, maybe a few days. that, or they could explore other islands whose paths were revealed by the changing tides.

I really like the idea of paths created by low tide and disappearing during high tide. It´s also an opportunity to collect items that are normally under water. You have to time your crossing or end up swimming the rest of the way. Similar to my shallow waters idea where there´s certain things you can only get there but also dangers involved in doing it... the bull shark, or electric ell.