Retro Worlds [request]

So, I personally miss the old worlds from beta Don't Starve, the really round and derpy ones, and I'm wondering if that would even be possible seeing that I have no knowledge how the world gen works anyways. If needed, I apparently I have a copy of beta from Naughty and Nice, but I can't really decode they're script gibberish. :razz:

DS Queen World Gen Main.zip Here's the decoded worldgen.main

Let me know if you need anything else

So, I personally miss the old worlds from beta Don't Starve, the really round and derpy ones, and I'm wondering if that would even be possible seeing that I have no knowledge how the world gen works anyways. If needed, I apparently I have a copy of beta from Naughty and Nice, but I can't really decode they're script gibberish. :razz:

(let me know if you need the file)

I've often thought about a beta-style version of the game being portrayed in a mod myself.

I imagine with enough effort this is possible, but there are a number of complications. Specifically, worldgen has changed quite a bit since then, and the old code would probably require a touching-up.

Feel free to post the old world gen files on the forum though there were some engine changes as well since then so I'm not sure that they will work.

More important just to have them as a starting point in case one of us modders can use it to save time. Since it was an official file and not a modder file I thought asking would be wise =-)

Here's some of the files from the queen update.http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/388-dont-starve-the-betas/

Let me know if you need any other files!

gl decoding that stuff

That's because the files aren't straight lua, they're bytecode.

They need to be decompiled.

http://oldforums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?8694-TUTORIAL-Decompiling-%28-and-Recompiling-using-SCiTE-%29-lua-files&highlight=decompile

There is the guide for that. If you could do that, it would be easier for modders to check out the map files. Otherwise, you may have to wait a little longer for results.

Archived