Trapping Birds with Seeds

It's a little too easy to catch birds in a regular trap baited with seeds. They land in about 5 seconds. Perhaps birds should only be trappable in the bird trap.

So, let me be clear, you noticed that birds were landing in bird traps that had no bait (i.e. seeds) far too often and you want to suggest that birds can only be caught in bird traps that are baited (/w seeds)?

If so, I agree. Unlike rabbits and placing a rabbit trap over a rabbit hole, bird traps have no "special spot" to place them that offers a reason for catching them. And yet, birds keep landing on my trap for no real reason. It's funny when you think of all the other places they could land...

Perhaps the trap is not easy to spot for birds.

Anything is possible. :)

However they should make it harder for the birds to be caught, at the very least. I once placed 3 bird traps, no bait, and watched to my amazement, as bird after bird was caught in them. It's like they NEED to land somewhere on your screen, so placing enough traps forces them to be caught.

So, let me be clear, you noticed that birds were landing in bird traps that had no bait (i.e. seeds) far too often and you want to suggest that birds can only be caught in bird traps that are baited (/w seeds)?

I think what he said is that he was using regular traps with seeds ad birds got caught pretty often.

He then suggested that we should trap bird with only the birds cage, not the rabbits trap.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden regular traps started trapping birds, having bird cages.

Perhaps the devs thought that catching rabbits was OP so they threw birds in the mix too so we wouldn't catch so many of them?

I'm still against trapping birds with regular traps.

I'm still against trapping birds with regular traps.

If that's true, then I agree too.

And while we're on the topic of strange issues, where does the pot come from that's used to create meaty stew? Where does it go when you eat the meaty stew? This is starting to bother me a lot... can this the Sanity meter in action?!? :o

Perhaps the devs thought that catching rabbits was OP so they threw birds in the mix too so we wouldn't catch so many of them?

Haha.. It worked I don't catch many rabbits anymore.

I think catching birds is still to hard... they have to be cooked and fly directly into my mouth like every minute. Then it would be more balanced.

I´d have to agree. I catch more birds with normal traps than I do rabbits, and the traps are right over the rabbit holes. Not to mention bees, butterflies etc being caught in normal traps. Shouldn´t happen. Tis what the bird cage and bug net are for.

I´d have to agree. I catch more birds with normal traps than I do rabbits, and the traps are right over the rabbit holes. Not to mention bees, butterflies etc being caught in normal traps. Shouldn´t happen. Tis what the bird cage and bug net are for.

I'm curious now as to how this update was decided... :confused: