ALL MY WORLD SAVES ARE GONE?

So I was modding don't Starve yesterday, trying to make a character mod, and at the end of the night I finally got it to work then called it quits.

Also, I got the Don't Sarve Mod tools to upload the mod to Steam after it was finshed, and after i finished downloading it would say it was atlasing files (From the Screecher Mod I think). I thought it was nothing and everytime I closed it the game would start, so I just kept doing that.

But when I woke up this morning, I tried to go ahead and start a new world with my character and ALL my worlds were gone! 

I went to check in in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\102114950\219740\remote and it seems like all the save files are there, so why is it not reading them?

If you need a copy of any of my files for experimenting, just ask and I will put it up for download.

The only time I have seen something like that is when the game switched over to the test version of the client.

As there is no beta running I have no clue.

Okay, I think  I figured it out... a little. I'm still unsure as to why it happened, but I fixed it.

What I did is a make a backup of all my current saves that might have been broken and put them somewhere else. 

Then, I started up the game and made a new game in the slot of the one I wanted back.

Then I replaced that game file with the broken backup one and entered it, and I was back. 

THANK GOODNESS

Should've thought of that first

Okay, I think  I figured it out... a little. I'm still unsure as to why it happened, but I fixed it.

What I did is a make a backup of all my current saves that might have been broken and put them somewhere else. 

Then, I started up the game and made a new game in the slot of the one I wanted back.

Then I replaced that game file with the broken backup one and entered it, and I was back. 

THANK GOODNESS

This indicates your profile file had gotten corrupted.

Archived