Use of paper suggestion and thoughts

i kinda want to have to make a diary out of 15 papers and would let me save manually and the automatic saving would be removed.. writing on the diary would take 3 full days but it can be interrupted and resumed in your free time,progress would be in percentage!:) and maybe 1 charcoal+1 twig+ 1 diary for saving..every resume would consume another charcoal and a twig..once a diary is 100%, thats the only time you can save..

and maybe when sanity is implemented,writing on the diary would restore sanity, and you can't write on the diary when your sanity is too low..

Edited by archblue1206

I was thinking more like using the paper for marking stuff on the main map, like points of interest, or even to create a map itself. But I have always hated the whole scavenge for materials to save. Like in Resident Evil, finding ink cartridges for a type writer was so annoying. I play sometimes where I have to just quit because of work or something else, I can handle waiting until the day or night cycle starts or ends.

^ I agree. It would get very annoying sitting their writing in your diary every night just so I could save my game, would become a major grind. But I do like the idea of writing in the diary increasing sanity, it could be like a bandage for sanity with 100% at first and it drains as you use it like with the tools we have now. I also think it would be cool if we could label stuff :p .