Arcane powers *continued*

Ellebelly24

Oh, you lost the tree, huh? Convenient how he was the one who helped me stop you, isn't it? You don't deserve friends if you don't know how to keep them!

A dark, shadowy form whirls up to Maxwell. The only thing that can be seen in the mess of shadows is her burning eyes.

And I don't even want to hear a WORD from you. How dare you show your face to me again?

Joseph: 'Guys, I don't think pacifism is going to work.'

Simon: 'You don't say.'

Joseph: 'We might have to resort to physical reasoning. Stand by for orders from Max.'

The shadowy figure faces Cat, her glare persistent.

Oh, it's you. Lexar's--

She is interrupted by Shelby's voice.

Shelby: Charlie, long time no see. I do hope you remember me.

Jack? Well, at least you had the decency to not double cross me.

"Lexar's... without his shadow...?" Cat mumbles to himself confused and looks back up at Charlie. "I've been hearing this Lexar since that tree had been caught in that crown, It's rude to interrupt someone during their conversation you know." He looks at Shelby and shakes his head. "But nevermind that, I guess your pretty mad at all of us then. Sorry If I did anything wrong but, I can't remember a thing as you can see..."

Charlie flies into the air and back into the darkness.

You say that, Kate, but I'm not an idiot. Too many times I've been betrayed. Lied to. Double crossed. But not anymore!

She flies near Cat, whispering in her ear.

Oh, they haven't told you yet? What a shame. Don't worry, I'll free you from those traitors.

Charlie grips on to Cat's collar, about to pull it off, when a large chunk of earth knocks Charlie's hand away.

Simon: Sorry, but we can't let you do that.

Cat gets surprised by what happened and looks at Simon lowering his ears. "I was so close to being free, and I feel like I almost have what I'm looking for. Also... these people are traitors? They don't look like they would betray me," Cat mumbles to himself again and turns to where Charlie is standing and he grips his collar. "So, what is it that your not telling me?" Cat turns to the others flicking his tail in a cat like way when their mad. I always knew they were hiding something but, I'm so close to finding out what I want!

And how do I know that's not a lie too? I don't trust anyone. I don't need anyone now. But I should have caught on when you tried to kill me...

She glares at Maxwell

... Twice.

At that, Charlie flies at the floating Simon, sending her claw across his shoulder. Simon floats down to the ground, clutching his wound.

That's what you get for interrupting me.

Suddenly, a loud noise is heard, and Maxwell had slammed a large wooden staff into the ground.

That's enough, Charlie. You're coming with us, be it by persuasion or by force.

I'd like to see you try!

Charlie lunges at Maxwell, but is deflected by his large staff. Shelby crawls onto Cat's shoulder.

Shelby: Don't worry. It'll be fine, you'll remember soon.

*Kate continues to cry, her tears turning the color of the night. Ben tries to comfort her, wiping the tears from her face. Scars flies down beside Simon and tries to comfort him*

Scars: "Why are you hurting us Shadow Lady? I don't want to hurt you... I know how pain and betrayal feel..."

Simon raises his uninjured arm in the air, and a small orb of water appears between his fingers. He presses the orb against his wound, and it closes up almost immediately.

Simon: Thanks, Scones. I mean Scars. But I'm fine.

Charlie flies up to Scars.

Of course you've been betrayed. And it will happen again if you stay with these people. Why are you with them anyway? You found a tree, partied with it, and then you're instantly loyal. You're just setting yourself up. You and your friends.

Shelby: Just wait a moment longer. It's up to you to decide your loyalties, no one else's.

Joseph flicks his hand, and a disk of light is launched at Charlie which she promptly dodges. She hisses, and flies up at Joseph.

Scars: "Im not instantly loyal! I just don't want to be hurt anymore! I only trust my friends, because I know I can trust them! Because a true friend would forgive their friend for making a mistake! It's happened loads of times to me! You aren't being a mature friend! If your friend betrays you so bad that you can't be friends with them anymore, that's fine! But you shouldn't use violence because you're having a temper tantrum! You should just smile at them! It doesn't mean you're still friends, but it's the nice thing to do!"

The nice thing to do? Do you know who I am? I'm assuming you don't. I'm not supposed to be friendly! I'm the monster who lives in the dark! And that's because of you, Maxxy!

After sending Joseph flying, Charlie lunges once again at Maxwell.

Shelby: I tire of this.

As he says that, a cluster of shadow hands swarm around Charlie, pinning her down. As Simon rushes to treat Joseph, Shelby crawls closer to Charlie.

Shelby: I've heard enough from you.

However, dark hands clamp themselves over Simon and Joseph's mouth and eyes while no one was paying attention to them, dragging them deeper into the darkness...

(But Scars was.)

*one grabs Scars by her ankle. She doesn't make a sound as she throws her cloud jar at one of the hand over Joseph*

Kate: *runs to Charlie's side*

"What the hell Shelby?! Are you okay Charlie?"

*her black tears still trickling down her cheeks*

The shadow hands tighten around Charlie's neck.

Shelby: Whoops. Looks like you need some help.

Shut up! Stay away from me!

Shelby: You're going to die if Kate doesn't help you.

No!

Shelby: These are the facts, Charlie.

One of the shadow hands whip out at Kate.

She won't do anything. She wants me to die. She's enjoying this!

Joseph gasps as he's free from the hand. He takes out a small knife, and slices his palm. Blood splatters on the ground, and it begins to glow. The shadow hands shrivel in the blood light.

*Kate grabs the shadow hands from around Charlie's neck*

Kate: "DAMNIT!!! THEY'RE TOO STRONG!!! FURRY BRING ME THAT CLOUD!!!"

*Furry quickly flies over and opens the cloud jar. Clouds suddenly take the pressure away from around Charlie's neck. Kate quickly pulls the shadow hands off of Charlie's neck and hugs her*

Kate: "I would never in a million years want you dead Charlie! Don't ever say that!"

Charlie pushes Kate away, but not too forcefully. Almost gently. She towers over Shelby.

Now, time for some escargot...

Shelby makes a "totally worth it" face as he is slowly consumed. Charlie faces Maxwell, and sighs.

What do you want me for?

They tire of the game. We need your help.

Charlie hesitates.

(But that one didn't... It'll clear itself up, don't worry. Wait did Furry just blush while talking to Charlie...)

Charlie shakes her head.

Man, I must be an idiot. Fine, I'll go with you guys.

Good! Then that's that.
Don't think I trust you, Maxxy.
Don't worry, that's not expected of you.
Shut up.
Alright resistance, gather up!

(Ooooooh.... Max gonn be jealous...)

Shelby crawls out onto Maxwell's shoulder, the jar of clouds in his mouth.

How did you... You know what, whatever.

Shelby tries to smile, but it doesn't work well with the jar in his mouth.

Now we go to Their realm... Does anyone here know anything about a place called "The Arcane"?

(Typo. It's a typo.)

Right. Why's your face all red? I didn't even hit you.

One portal... I suppose that's what we're going for then.

Maxwell begins walking towards the portal leading out, and the resistance follows.

Edited by Blewcheese