Trail of Shadow: Can't Finish With Path of Silence?

EmpyreiaRising

First off, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere on the forums--I didn't see a similar thread after my cursory search.

Background: Path of Silence Costume is the "stealth" costume of the game; it allows you to run in silence at the expense of not being able to carry a sword/kill guards.

In 'The Trail of Shadow' (the third level, IIRC), you are tasked with following the courier and taking the tracking device away from him. However, even though Ora mentions that you can be merciful and simply "steal" the tracking device (no killing blow needed), there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. I drop behind him, and the action prompt pops up--however, pressing it just engages me in the futile "kill" animation (kills are impossible in the stealth costume).

Is this working as intended?

Thanks for your help, guys :)

First off, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere on the forums--I didn't see a similar thread after my cursory search.

Background: Path of Silence Costume is the "stealth" costume of the game; it allows you to run in silence at the expense of not being able to carry a sword/kill guards.

In 'The Trail of Shadow' (the third level, IIRC), you are tasked with following the courier and taking the tracking device away from him. However, even though Ora mentions that you can be merciful and simply "steal" the tracking device (no killing blow needed), there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. I drop behind him, and the action prompt pops up--however, pressing it just engages me in the futile "kill" animation (kills are impossible in the stealth costume).

Is this working as intended?

Thanks for your help, guys :)

I didn't try in the path of silence costume, but I was able to steal the key without killing him. It took a couple tries to figure out what button to use though. I don't remember for certain, but I think it's the same one you use to get it and out of hiding spaces and smash equipment you're next to and pick doors. (Actually it may even give you the same dial thing you get when lockpicking.)

I didn't try in the path of silence costume, but I was able to steal the key without killing him. It took a couple tries to figure out what button to use though. I don't remember for certain, but I think it's the same one you use to get it and out of hiding spaces and smash equipment you're next to and pick doors. (Actually it may even give you the same dial thing you get when lockpicking.)

Thanks EvanED, I'll have to replay the level and poke around some more! :cool:

Stealing is right click and drag. It sometimes doesn't appear as an option which is a glitch. If this happens restart the checkpoint.

I've done this whole level with Path of Silence. Stealing is actually the better option score wise regardless of your Path because its worth 1000 points rather than just. That said, if you want to maximize score, you steal the key for 1000 and then kill the courier to start a terror combo either with an item or Path of Nightmares.