How do I fix this?

Blucher

This works, I suppose, but only if I drop the amulet on the ground.  I'm not worried about that, but how do I get the amulet to shine light while equipped?

function BlueAmuletPostInit(inst)inst.entity:AddLight()inst.Light:SetRadius(5)inst.Light:SetFalloff(1)inst.Light:SetIntensity(.5)inst.Light:SetColour(128/255,128/255,255/255)inst.Light:Enable(true)endAddPrefabPostInit("blueamulet", BlueAmuletPostInit)

take a look at the magiluminescence's code that should help you a bit

in the meantime I'll try and find it for you and add it to this post

heres the yellow amulets code, it uses the fueled component 

[codesyntax]
---YELLOW
local function onequip_yellow(inst, owner) 
    owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_body", "torso_amulets", "yellowamulet")

if inst.components.fueled then
        inst.components.fueled:StartConsuming()        
    end

inst.Light:Enable(true)

owner.AnimState:SetBloomEffectHandle( "shaders/anim.ksh" )

end

local function onunequip_yellow(inst, owner) 
    owner.AnimState:ClearBloomEffectHandle()
    owner.AnimState:ClearOverrideSymbol("swap_body")
    if inst.components.fueled then
        inst.components.fueled:StopConsuming()        
    end

inst.Light:Enable(false)
end

[/codesyntax]

it may not be configurable but this part of the code may help

inst.Light:Enable(true)

take a look at the magiluminescence's code that should help you a bit

[snip]

Thank you very much.  This did work:

local assets={Asset("ANIM", "anim/amulets.zip"),Asset("ANIM", "anim/torso_amulets.zip"),}local function onequip_yellow(inst, owner)     owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_body", "torso_amulets", "yellowamulet")    if inst.components.fueled then        inst.components.fueled:StartConsuming()            end    inst.Light:Enable(true)    owner.AnimState:SetBloomEffectHandle( "shaders/anim.ksh" )endlocal function onunequip_yellow(inst, owner)     owner.AnimState:ClearBloomEffectHandle()    owner.AnimState:ClearOverrideSymbol("swap_body")    if inst.components.fueled then        inst.components.fueled:StopConsuming()            end    inst.Light:Enable(false)endfunction BlueAmuletPostInit(inst)    inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip( onequip_yellow )    inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip( onunequip_yellow )     inst.entity:AddLight()    inst.Light:Enable(false)    inst.Light:SetRadius(2)    inst.Light:SetFalloff(0.7)    inst.Light:SetIntensity(.65)    inst.Light:SetColour(128/255,128/255,255/255)endAddPrefabPostInit("blueamulet", BlueAmuletPostInit)

Archived