[Suggestion] Transplanting Cave Plants

I adore A LOT of the greenery you can find down below. From the Mushtrees to the Light Flower I'm quite fond of them all (I think I have a fetish for glowing things).

I definitely understand why they weren't made to be transplantable, biologically speaking they wouldn't survive and it would also give a nice advantage above ground. Having additional lighting upstairs would be wonderful though, especially when you're far into a game and you're refining your world (I'd rather not summon things in, just not as fun!).

The idea I had today was that they would be able to grow up top, but only if planted on cave turf. It makes it more difficult to get them settled in upstairs and perhaps an increased time for them to regenerate if they're something that can be harvested?

Basically, a person would be trading easier movement below ground for light above ground.

So yes, that's my thought! I know the chances are slim with the final update on the horizon, but who knows, maybe it will work for a future DLC pack : )

Thanks for all your great work!

Both cave turf and the light plants are rather easy to obtain, depending on your cave generation. I'm kinda doubtimg about this one. A relatively easy to get infinite light source is rather OP... Maybe it could require guano and only have bulbs a couple of days on and off? Still sounds too easy to maintain...

On the other hand, I love ideas that could add more motivation to spelunk in the caves, and this falls in that category imo :)

Archived