Six feet under update crashes on Linux with any mod enabled.

mouse

Ever since the latest update, Don't Starve crashes any time I enable a mod. It doesn't give any reason as to why. The bottom of the log shows:

scripts/modindex.lua(274,1) loaded modindex	scripts/modindex.lua(57,1) ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence.	scripts/mods.lua(141,1) Loading mod: <anymodname> (<anymodname>)	scripts/mods.lua(165,1) Mod: <anymodname> (<anymodname>)	Loading modworldgenmain.lua	scripts/mods.lua(173,1) Mod: <anymodname> (<anymodname>)	  Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.	scripts/mods.lua(165,1) Mod: <anymodname> (<anymodname>)	Loading modmain.lua	

And that's the very end of the log file. Of course, I changed the names to <anymodname> because it's not specific to one mod and happens when ANY mod is enabled. I did some experimenting and found that if I switch api_version to 5 in modinfo.lua, the game won't crash but the mod automatically disables it's self without any indication it's done so. I verified game files through Steam and all files were already present.

My build version is: 86743 LINUX_STEAM

And I'm running it on Linux Mint 13 x64 MATE

• Developer

Same problem here. I suppose that the problem is in kleiloadlua(string file) function.

This problem should be resolved.  Please give it a try now and let me know how it goes.  Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

This problem should be resolved.  Please give it a try now and let me know how it goes.  Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

I just tried it and so far the mods seem to load without a problem but now all the game saves are gone. I also noticed it says "Six Feet Under(internal)". Please tell me the missing game saves issue is a temporary thing. I've got a few saves I'm rather attached to and I'm afraid to start a new game in case starting a new game would make it impossible to recover old saves. I'm weirdly superstitious like that.

I just tried it and so far the mods seem to load without a problem but now all the game saves are gone. I also noticed it says "Six Feet Under(internal)". Please tell me the missing game saves issue is a temporary thing. I've got a few saves I'm rather attached to and I'm afraid to start a new game in case starting a new game would make it impossible to recover old saves. I'm weirdly superstitious like that.

Don't worry, the " (internal)" suffix just means you got the dev branch of the game (I don't think that was supposed to happen, but... xD), which uses a different naming convention for save files, much like the public preview. Your save files remain there, and should be once again accessible as soon as you get the release branch.

And I'm using the pronoun "you" because I haven't received the hotfix yet, but it's very good to know the solution worked.

• Developer

Don't worry, the " (internal)" suffix just means you got the dev branch of the game (I don't think that was supposed to happen, but... xD), which uses a different naming convention for save files, much like the public preview. Your save files remain there, and should be once again accessible as soon as you get the release branch.

And I'm using the pronoun "you" because I haven't received the hotfix yet, but it's very good to know the solution worked.

Yeah there was a bug with the deploy.  If you try again now it should be all good.  You might have to restart steam for it to realize that there's a hotfix pushed.

You might have to restart steam for it to realize that there's a hotfix pushed.

I tried that. Steam doesn't push the updates uniformly across all geographical locations (I think it's timezone that dictates that, but I'm not sure). I'm quite used to delayed updates.

But anyway, it seems the bug has been fixed. Thank you for acting on it so quickly.

That's what I assumed internal meant but I didn't know about the save files thing.

Yeah there was a bug with the deploy. If you try again now it should be all good. You might have to restart steam for it to realize that there's a hotfix pushed.

It still crashes with any mod enabled with the last update I got from Steam, which was 2.7mbs and according to the log is build 86743 LINUX_STEAM. That last update was the one right after Six Feet Under(internal). Am I waiting for another update?

It still crashes with any mod enabled with the last update I got from Steam, which was 2.7mbs and according to the log is build 86743 LINUX_STEAM. That last update was the one right after Six Feet Under(internal). Am I waiting for another update?

You are, assuming nothing went wrong with pushing the new hotfix. 86743 is the previous, bugged version, so it just rolled back for now.

You are, assuming nothing went wrong with pushing the new hotfix. 86743 is the previous, bugged version, so it just rolled back for now.

Well still nothing so far. I guess I'll go take a shower while I wait for Steam to update it.

• Developer

Well still nothing so far. I guess I'll go take a shower while I wait for Steam to update it.

The latest update is 86935.  I just tried getting it from home and it worked fine.  Let me know when you guys get a hold of it.

Well it's been 24 hours and Steam still hasn't updated it yet. Has anyone else gotten the update on Linux?

I don't know, all I can say is I haven't. But I do know at least one person (in the same country/timezone as me) got it on Windows, yesterday.

I re-uploaded the hotfix and then downloaded linux, installed it and downloaded DS and it seems to work now.  Sorry for the delay.

Yes, now I have it. Thanks!

(amazing how you went to the trouble of downloading and installing/virtualizing/live-cd-booting or whatever Linux! ;P)

Yep it's working for me now, too. Thanks a lot!

Yes, now I have it. Thanks!

(amazing how you went to the trouble of downloading and installing/virtualizing/live-cd-booting or whatever Linux! ;P)

You forgot usb booting, network booting, satellite booting, jack booting and snow booting.

Archived