Arcane Powers RP (FULL)

Ellebelly24

Although the lighting of the tree branch bugs Newleaf, the two had made an agreement long ago that he would try not to get angry at that sort of thing. Of course, Kate wouldn't remember. Newleaf stands by Kate, but safely far enough from the fire.

Cat sees the fire and backs up some. This won't be enough to stop me... if you can't come and fight me, THEN I WILL ATTACK FIRST! Blue flames wrapped around the torch  and corrupted the flames. A smirk could be seen on the foxes face, his tails formed to be like sharp daggers and stretched out to stab the two.

Newleaf dodges the tail narrowly, and it grazes a bit of his bark. He sees Kate hugging Cat and knows better than to question her.

The man watches intently, enjoying every second.

Yes... Yes! Kill her, Cat! Kill the Siren, then burn the tree. But make sure to kill them slowly.

Cat laughs without hesitation he lifts his paw and slashes Kate and pins her with his paw. His eyes no longer blue, more of the color blood red, he was already corrupted not much could help unless Maxwell told him to stop. Blue flames slowly go towards Newleaf as he tries to crush Kate with his paw. His strength goes nowhere, there wasn't enough fear, I NEED MORE STRENGTH!  Cat growls. Deep inside he didn't want to fight, he wanted to be free from the collar he was wearing.

Newleaf snarls , bust hesitates as the flames block him. Deciding that bringing Cronos out would be a bad idea for now, Newleaf closes his eyes. It's just fire, right? He stampedes through the fire, as his body instantly catches. He rams Cat off Kate with his burning body.

The man shok his head. No, this wouldn't do at all. He'd made this mistake before, he always burned out his playthings too early. Not this time, through. Just a little bit longer... A little more pain and he would stop the fighting. Who lived and died was out of his hands at this point. Except, not really. Nothing was out of his hands; out of his reach. He could do anything.

"Newleaf, get off of Cat."

*She turns toward Cat*

"I'm not afraid of you, Cat. I'm not afraid of Maxwell. Hell, I'm not even afraid of dying. I'm not afraid Cat! You're losing strength because I'm not fearing anything! Give it up. The only fear that remains here is your fear of what would happen to you when you return to Maxwell. You're afraid you're going to be punished for not winning this fight. You're afraid you aren't going to win!"

*Kate stares Cat in the eyes*

"Go. Leave while you're still vunerable. I can't hurt a friend."

Edited by Ellebelly24

Cat snarls holding back from going after Kate and Newleaf and lets a few words slip out. "Go... please... whatever you do, don't show any fear... ... ..." the chatting stops as he still holds back not moving, the flames also seem to be struggling and he tries to stop. The corruption takes over as his eyes turn red. Cats voice sounds completely different, somewhat deeper. "Like that would stop me! If you wont fear me, then I must get the things around to fear!" He laughs and the flames still chase after Newleaf, some other flames scatter to find something to scare and he jumps out to go at Kate again.

*Kate extinguishes Newleaf with her ponytail, turns around, and walks away. She stops suddenly, and looks at Cat over her shoulder*

"One more thing. When I say go, I mean go. If you try to kill us while you vunerable, I'll make sure you're even more vunerable to when Maxy punishes you. Got it? Now, leave, I don't want to see you anymore for the rest of the day."

*She looks forward and keeps walking*

*Kate knows that Maxwell wants them to fight. That's why Cat does this. He finds it amusing to watch others fight. Yet, she knows that it's hard to kill his great niece himself so he sends someone after her. She becomes so filled with rage she stares at a sapling, and it burns in a matter of seconds. All that remains is the sticks from the sapling. It's as cold as ice now, so no other trees could be burned*

Edited by Ellebelly24

Cat growls and nothing seems to be in range to scare and the area was getting cold. Just run, it doesn't matter, I'm just a lost shadow.  He sighs and vanishes, right into Maxwell's realm. Back in the human form he loves to be in, his ears are out lowered and tail lowered as well. "I couldn't do a thing, there was nothing around, and it seemed like I would of died in no time, it was freezing. A lone shadow like me wouldn't be able to do anything. All I can do is take a form, but be weak to the light, and this kitsune curse will make me weak against the cold." He closes his eyes ready for any punishment.

Newleaf grunts.

"Do you mind? Could you not burn trees, if you can't help it?"

He sighs, wondering.

"I hope Cat's okay..."

The man stares at Cat, and beckons for her to come over.

I believe you're expecting a punishment.

But as the words tumbled out of his mouth, his mind formulated an idea. A wonderful, dreadful idea.

Edited by Blewcheese

What would you like to do, Whisp?

Maxwell smiles tauntingly.

Im not a very good king if I don't listen to what my subjects have to say, now am I?

Newleaf approaches Kate slowly.

"Kate... What's the matter? Has it already become so dire that you're crying?"

(Don't get confused on rp's now. I'm Cat in this one)

Cat lowers his head "It would be nice to just hang out and see what they are doing... maybe know them better. But the girl name Kate would  kill me out in that weather..." he sighs It would be better if there was something to be hidden in... maybe replaces ones shadow and spy for a while... that seems the easiest way. He seemed to be getting corrupted even without Maxwell controlling him, and finally got back to his senses looking back up.

*She looks at Newleaf*

"Cat is basically out to assassin me. Maxy is my Gruncle, or great uncle. He doesn't like me, but he can't bring himself to kill me. That's why Cat is being forced to work for Maxy. Because he needs someone to do his dirty work for him."

*she buries her face again*

"Told ya you wouldn't understand."

(Darnit. I knew I would do something like that eventually.)

You know, Cat, you've served me well for many years. No one can deny that. I've used you, punished you, controlled you, everything. I believe you deserve a vacation.

Maxwell casually smokes his cigar.

So go. Relax a while. Learn about the new arrivals. But don't get used to it, you hear?

Newleaf looks at Kate a bit longer.

"Cronos is blocking me off, trying to take control of me every second. There's a shadow who I'm indebted to, that's trying to kill me. Maxwell is sending images into my head, trying to make me his subject again. But worst of all, my best friend doesn't remember who I am anymore."

Newleaf sighs.

"Now's not the time for self pity. There's more important things to do than to feel sorry for yourself.

He gently removes Kate's hands from her face.

"Listen to me. You can give up now, or you can beat it out. Because I certainly can't do this without you, and I know dang well you can't do this without me."

Edited by Blewcheese

Cat smiles and nods "Thank you." He then vanishes back into the shadows resting in one of the tree's shadows he watches Kate and Newleaf. A little unsure of what Kate would do if he popped out. If I go out I will freeze to death, shadows can't even die!

(going to get some rest before I get in trouble... night)

Edited by WhispNcat