Cooking

Hello, I have recently been gifted this game and I have enjoyed the beta so far.

Good work klei entertainment.

Anyway here is the thing that has left me scratching my head.

Cooking food with the cooking pot.

To be able to cook anything you need to put 4 ingredients into it, fair enough.

But it the amount of hunger the cooked product replenishes is confusing.

Anything with meat in it becomes Meat pot as far as I've seen and it replenishes 45 hunger.

Wheras you need a minimum of 4 morsels to produce that, a single morsel replenishes 17 hunger.

So 17*4 = 68 bigger than 45, so it is better to eat the cooked morsels individually.

And to make the matters worse the cooked meals do not stack where you can stack 40 morsels together.

Another example eggplant, cooking them with the pot gives you stuffed eggplant which replenishes 70 hunger.

When a single cooked eggplant replenishes 40 hunger by itself.

40*4 = 160 hunger points, so you are effectivley wasting 90 hunger points for nothing.

The only exception I have seen I think is Dragonpie which seems to fully restore your hunger but it is probably

prefferable to just eat them individually.

The cooking system needs some major changes, as of now it is better to cook food on fire and eat them one by one.

the crock pot will be changed in future. the devs, namely kevin, already posted that he is not happy with how it works atm, and that he will look into changes that will also allow you to stack the food you make. the thread that will explain it to you, and the changes that might come, is right here.

welcome to the forum.