The End Is Nigh: A Look At Don't Starve's Community

Luggs

It's a bit meta but it felt appropriate I post it here. Probably terrible though ID. Read this in a Rucks voice. That's how I hear it.

It's strange, isn't it? How something so small can become so wonderful. It began with an idea. A drawing on a paper. Then they built the foundations, the beginning of this house. There weren't many back then. Heck, there were barely any. But that's how all things begin. Small. Soon the framework was built, the idea beginning to take shape. And as they say, build it and they will come.

It started slowly I imagine. A few suggestions here and there by passers by. They provided us with a little board, to communicate with them and each other. As the walls were put up, people began to stay. And they began to help. Artists to decorate and breathe life into this place, modders to tweak designs and keep us entertained, writers to tell stories to pass the time. A few people sharing a common interest. How powerful it is. And through these little actions, we grew close. This house became a home. It's residents became a family.

Now, the house comes close to completion and our time together is surely running short. Sure, some shall stay. But many shall leave. And in time, the magic that happened here shall be nothing more than a memory. But that's what matters, isn't it? The memories we make. Cause nothing shall take them from us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good thing my profile is appropriate for this then.... my picture at least

After all the Pre-Release updates we've been through, the fun times and the bad, before sanity, spoiling, winter, the framework, and now, we will have a game, completed, with no earlier versions..... I guess all we have is... memories