Always Running, Can't Unfocus On Linux

Chais

In the first level, where you get the darts, I'm stuck in focus. I can mark the targets but I can't leavew focus to actually throw the darts. Using the wireless Xbox 360 controller I blame it on the trigger problem (although I'm already using xboxdrv).

With -nocontroller I found out that both triggers are in fact regarded as always pressed, so I'm always running and can't release the trigger. Same goes for focus. As soon as it activated I'm in perma-focus.

Poking around with the config some more I found that this xboxdrv config might have solved my issue:

[axismap]

lt = rt

rt = lt

Now the triggers are considered pressed at first, but once I actually press them the game recognizes them as released.

Figured it out. All trouble came from xboxdrv being configured to allow for TWO controllers. Since the triggers are regarded as pressed by default, the second, inactive, controller's triggers kept me in focues/running even after I pressed the triggers on the active controller.

Would be nice if the game would use only one controller thouogh. Since it's singleplayer and stuff. Currently two people can control the same character, which is confusing.

In the end it turned out I just need to disable the second controller. Previously my xboxdrv.conf had the line

next-controller = true

[\code]

I either have to comment this out (using #) and restart xboxdrv or simply connect the second (up to as many as your config allows for) controller and once press both triggers on that, too. So after the triggers on all controllers are pressed once the game should return to expected behaviour.

So are you running xboxdrv with a -c for config?  Config file doesn't seem to work for me since I have to run --device-by-path which then doesn't seem to pull in config information.

​If you're not running with -c then what config are you changing?

​Thanks

I am running with -c but it should work using the command line options as well. Look here for extensive documentation: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/xboxdrv.html

My config currently looks like this:

[xboxdrv]

silent = true

deadzone = 5000

detach-kernel-driver = true

#next-controller = true

[xboxdrv-daemon]

dbus = disabled

The nex-controller option is currently commented, due to that behaviour.

We are also hoping to release a new Linux version later today which will solve some of the controller input issues.

Hi, 

I bought this game in last Humble Bundle 9 (linux version). I'm using the steam version of it.

I still canno't play it, since the character is always running. Will this problem will be solved in the new version you plan to release ? Any date ? 

I'm using a (genuine) xbox 360 controller. 

Thank you a lot

Apparently Steam "Magic" will run xboxdrv with a bad config, to work around this, start xboxdrv yourself before you launch the game

sudo xboxdrv --silent --detach-kernel-driver

This will override any configuration steam provides, the controller should light up as Player 1.

xboxdrv with the detach-kernel-driver flag works but the controls of other games (who previously worked with the normal driver) are not working anymore, if I press the right control stick in the up direction the character stops running, seems that the control mapping is wrong.

It would be nice if there is a fix in the future for this!

xboxdrv with the detach-kernel-driver flag works but the controls of other games (who previously worked with the normal driver) are not working anymore, if I press the right control stick in the up direction the character stops running, seems that the control mapping is wrong.

I don't want to fix mark of the ninja controls braking other games controls...I'd prefer a real solution too. 

Then you should probably install xboxdrv... 

Why, since my controller is working perfectly with all the other games. I don't think that the problem is related to my system drivers ? 

I don't want to fix mark of the ninja controls braking other games controls...I'd prefer a real solution too. 

Why, since my controller is working perfectly with all the other games. I don't think that the problem is related to my system drivers ? 

In fact Steam uses xboxdrv too, so that's the reason it works with your other games. But apparently not in the steam provided configuration, so if you run xboxdrv before Steam does your instance will stick.

If you're on a debian-based system, just install xboxdrv with

sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

and then run it like I said in the previous post. This does completely revert once you close the console.

If you are having this problem please download the latest update. Then try starting the game with the "-triggeraxis" command line option. On Steam this can be done by right clicking on the game in the games list, choosing properties, and then pressing "Set launch options" in the General tab.

Hi, 

thank you for your help. You gave me half of the solution  : with the -triggeraxis command, now the character is not running anymore...The problem is that he cannot run even if I push right trigger !

Hoping an automatic fix, I tried also without -triggeraxis command, the problem of "always running is still there. 

I'm using Steam version. So I guess it's up to date. This game seems really nice, but not playable for now. Too bad since I bought the humble bundle for this game also. 

Just bought the game on HumbleBundle and activated Steam key.

I have two XBox wired controllers on my ubuntu 12.04 64Bit. I unplugged one, installed xboxdrv and launched it with

sudo xboxdrv --silent --detach-kernel-driver

and the game now behaves correctly, i.e. RT now makes ninja run if pressed and slow if not. I hope they will fix this glinch soon.

I am also having this issue with my old Logitech Dual Action gamepad. The gamepad layout is very misunderstood by MotN, with the ABXY buttons swapped around (the button corresponding to A acts as if I pressed B, etc), the back/start buttons mapped to the left and right triggers, and apparently, the left and right triggers not mapped to anything I can unpress.

Unfortunately, I can't use xboxdrv for this gamepad, as it is not an xbox controller. I tried using jstest-gtk, but the interface was very confusing (labeling the buttons as if it was an actual joystick, not a gamepad). Is there anything else out there I can try?

• Developer

We've made some tweaks to improve controller functionality on Linux, but there are still some issues with the Trigger buttons not getting mapped correctly.

We think we've figured out what the issue is now, and are working on some fixes which will hopefully address the issue.

We've made some tweaks to improve controller functionality on Linux, but there are still some issues with the Trigger buttons not getting mapped correctly.

We think we've figured out what the issue is now, and are working on some fixes which will hopefully address the issue.

Steam downloaded an update tody and its now playable with the standard driver, really great!

Edit: Right in time! I buyed the dlc today.

Is there any reason why you won't just add the ability to configure the controller mapping ingame? You know, instead of the game beeping at me when I press a button on my gamepad in the controls settings.

Also, multi monitor support is broken - the game launches on the non-primary/wrong monitor and there is no way to change that in options as far as I can see. Would it be so hard do what Valve did and put a little dropdown to select on which screen I want that fullscreen?

I really wanted to play this game but this is very disappointing, especially when these two annoyances are so easy to fix.

Is there any progress about the unfocus problem in linux?

Steam downloaded an update tody and its now playable with the standard driver, really great!

Edit: Right in time! I buyed the dlc today.

Is there any new update from 25??

I haven't see any update.

• Developer

Looking into the controller issues on Linux and OSX, we've discovered that there are a few different issues occurring which cause any fixes we make for one controller to cause problems for other controllers.

We believe we've addressed the majority of the issues on our internal versions, and are hoping to release an update later today, or on Monday.

Archived