Osx And Dualshock 3

reversed_cliche

Just got the game through the Humble Bundle. I was really surprised to see it because I've been wanting to play this for a while! Unfortunately, I can't get my dualshock to work on the game. Most buttons do nothing, though L1 is the "accept" button (A on 360), left analog works,  and I believe square does something too. Been playing with mouse and my keyboard and I'm enjoying the game anyway, but I'd like to try it out with a gamepad too.

Thanks!

• Developer

You should be able to remap your keys using software outside of the game to allow you to properly play the game. Unfortunately the only gamepad that the game is configured to support by default is the Xbox 360 controller.

You should be able to remap your keys using software outside of the game to allow you to properly play the game. Unfortunately the only gamepad that the game is configured to support by default is the Xbox 360 controller.

I know that you can remap the controllers with the outside software, but you guys allowed us to remap the controllers on shank and shank 2 and it was fine then. I just wanted to know why you guys took away that feature for Mark of the Ninja? Moving forward, I think all your games that support controllers should be able to remapped at anytime once the game recognizes that one is connected. Also is there anyway that you guys could release a small update or a pdf file with remapped controllers for the game to recognize, so that I can deposit them in the right folder for my dual shock to work.

• Developer

We are actually working on some tweaks for OSX to better support Dualshock controllers in the next couple of days.

Once the new version is available from Humble, we will post an update to let you know.

I'm guessing that you mean literally just the Sony controller, and not PlayStation style controllers, huh?

I've downloaded the 2 October update, and my Logitech F310 (one of the more popular Mac controllers, and one that works flawlessly with Shank on the Mac) still doesn't work in any usable way. It's wrong differently in PS3 mode than in Xbox mode, but I guess I'm going to need to bite the bullet and just use keyboard mapping to get it to work.

Archived